ViP722 - Keeps losing all Sats

chaldz

Original poster
Sep 28, 2008
I have the ViP722 running software ver L617 and twice in the last 3 days I have lost all 3 sats, 119, 110, 129. Both times occured in the evening after watching a DVR show (of course I work all day so i wouldn't know if it quit during the day or not). Once the show ended and I came back to a sat station, nothing but searching for signal. Both times I did a reset to no avail. When I did a Check Switch, it gave me a warning about missing satellites and the channel line up could change if a saved, which i did not. On the System Info screen it would show all 3 sats in red. All signals are good, 60s and 70s. Not a weather issue. One other thing occured tonight, during a DVR show, the unit reset on it's own. I called Dish tech support and they had scheduled a service call, but when I was about to hang up, all sats came back up and everything is working fine again. Any ideas?

I Hated my My 722.
I sent it back after only 2 months. It seem to have more bugs then my 612 or 622. I've had a 622 since July 07 and the HDMI and Receiver has worked flawless since day 1. I've had this 612 for almost 1 year and not 1 issue yet.
That 722 would random reboot, HDMI worked on and off. I traded it for a 211k, and now I think I'm getting another 211k .

Your problem sounds a lot like the problem I was having with my 222 for a few weeks not all that long ago.

The problem went away, but being that it's a different receiver with no DVR, who knows if the problem is even all that similar.

Not a very helpful response, but I wish you the best!

I've had something similar. In addition to that I've had some serious issues with pixelation. It happens randomly. They sent me another 722 and I had the same issue. I'm not sure what to do next.

if system info is giving you red boxes then generate a trouble call.. what you need to say is that you are having a signal issue.

ALSO make sure you have the dish home protection plan on your acct. if you do and you generate a trouble call then the tech will have a note on the bottom of the work order will say:

"Remedy any service interruption at no cost to the customer"

This will make it possible for the tech to replace your STB as well as anything else at no cost to you..

If I rolled out to that situation the first thing I would do is replace the LNBF..

If that didn't fix the issue I would run a dummy line straight to the STB

and if the problem was still there I would replace all diplexers, separator, barrels, and check the fittings..

If the problem still persisted (very unlikely) then I would RA the STB...

the good thing about doing it that way is that if it does turn out to be the STB then at least every thing (except lines) is new as well as the STB.

And make sure the tech checks the outlet you are plugged into with a circuit tester.

My receiver has lost signal to all sats about 3 nights this week. The last time I pulled the power plug for a minute and it came back. Tonight when it did it again, pulling the power didn't help. I called up tech support again, but before the trouble ticket was completed, everything came back. All sat signals in the 70s. As a technician, what would you do if you came out to a customers home with the issue being Lost or low signal and everything was working just fine? That's my main concern.

As far as the unit being in a cabinet, it is, but I added an exhaust fan a month after I had it; about 13 months ago. What should the average temp be? My current HDD average temp is 120 F.

Oh, and the cable is RG6. The lines are ran straight from the Dish, no splitters, no duplexers. All was done in January of 2008. The ends look/feel solid, they are compression fit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)