ViP722 recording issues

redeye

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2005
I've had my new 722 up & running for about a week & generally don't notice much difference from the 622 it replaced. However, it has this odd quirk of not recording a scheduled event sandwiched between 2 other scheduled events which it does record, i.e., Event A is scheduled & recorded from 4-5pm, Event B is scheduled but NOT recorded from 5-5:30pm, & Event C is scheduled & recorded from 5:30-6:00pm. I've also noticed that the first time during a session that I call up Tuner 2 in the PIP (the receiver is in single mode), I get an Aquiring Signal message, followed by a no need to call - we're working on it message. I've tried reboots & creating the timer fresh, but it just skips right on by...any ideas??:confused:

Check your Timer settings... it sounds like what is happening is you have the Timers set to start recording early, or end late... so if both tuners are locked up, even for just a minute or two, it will cancel the next Timer so that the previous can finish.

The "No need to call us" deal is happening a lot lately... not sure exactly what they are doing, but it has nothing to do with your receiver.... something to do with either the satellites, or the feeds from the broadcasters....

I thought the same thing, but after deleting all the timers, then re-creating the list with defaults set at 0 early/0 late, it just skipped Event B anyway...
Besides, it has 2 tuners to work with (I'm not watching during this sequence), so even overlap should be no problem, at least with only 2 events overlapping...feels to me like the receiver is failing to recognize the 2nd tuner the first time in a session that it's needed
I'm glad to hear about the "no need to call" problem not being mine alone (misery loves company), so maybe it's just the one glitch I have to figure out...thanks for the help:up

Keep in mind it is tough to troubleshoot problems like this without being there and these are just somewhat educated guesses (if I was there I would be testing both Sat ports on your receiver with a Super Buddy)... you wouldn't happen to have a spare DPP Seperator lying around would you?

maybe it's the software??

Well, the recording issues continue - after running what tests I could think of (including switching cables & separators), I'm more convinced than ever that what I have is a dual-tuner receiver that doesn't know how to operate the second tuner correctly. I read the post on PiP source & tried that with no help. So now I have 2 questions: (i) can DISH force a new software download to a specific receiver?? & (ii) do they have any kind of exchange program for the ViP722?? thanks for any help - John:eek:

They are probably going to be a real butthole about upgrading / swapping the receiver out, but that may depend on who you talk to. These people are so hard to deal with anymore that it is a wonder that they are still in business. No wonder why they have not been doing well lately with subscriber additions. If it is a software issue then they will say that there is nothing that can be done until they release new software. Once receivers have been out for a while then they make the software more solid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)