VIP722 Replacement - EHD Programs Black Screen on Play

MatthewH12

Original poster
Mar 12, 2009
United States
I recently had to have my VIP722 replaced, and I was told I could save the DVR programs to an external HD to be used on the new receiver, and I reluctantly paid the $40. When I got the new receiver, after 3 hours to get it working (they shipped it with bad software), it was up and running so i plugged in the HD, and got the dreaded 866 Error. Calling dish, and speaking to four different people, they all said i was SOL and refused to help.

So I turned to my trusty google and found this: http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...-how-transfer-recordings-one-ehd-another.html

Now I didn't have a second HD, or a linux box, so what I did was I used gparted to shrink the HD in one of my pcs, booted an ubuntu live CD, and copied the DishArc folder to the new HD partition. Then I had the dish wipe the HD, and copied the DishArc folder back. The Dish recognizes the files fine, but whenever I try to restore them, I get an error, and attempting to play them results in a black picture where I have to hit View Live TV. It will copy programs to the HD, but not from. Now, before I did anything, i had acronis image the entire EHD, so I have a full backup of its original contents (both partitions), but I am not sure why this did not work.

Ideas?

Thanks!
Matt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts