vip722 static interference on tv2

eje316

Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Chicago
Hello all,

I just had a vip722 installed today, and on our TV2 I noticed some static interference developing at the top of the screen. The static got progressivly worse and the sound became distorted as well. I called tech support, and they said it could be a grounding issue. They are going to send someone out in a couple days, but I was wondering if anyone could provide me with some advice as to how to fix this myself (if possible). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

It probably is a cable related issue, but without looking at the system it is difficult to troubleshoot. Since you were recently installed, your service call will be free of charge which you have already requested. Let us know when it gets resolved.

The installer came today, and it wasn't a tech issue but a TV issue. My tv2 is a Sony Wega that's about 10 years old, and it's starting to go. The installer said I didn't notice it before because I had DirecTv hooked up to input1, and the static wasn't noticeable. I hooked up a 13" tv to make sure it wasn't the cable, and the other TV works fine.

The default ch. modulation for tv2 is 60

change it to Air 22 (or any lower channel) for a cleaner pic.

fred

The default ch. modulation for tv2 is 60

change it to Air 22 (or any lower channel) for a cleaner pic.

fred

I tried switching to Air 22 with no luck, still static. The funny thing is that hooked up some rabbit ears to the antenna to verify that it is the TV and not the cables, but it works fine. I even called a Sony TV repair man, and he was perplexed as far as what the problem could be.

Is TV 2 diplexed or straight run? wheres the remote antenna located ? ,At the receiver or at the TV2.? Is there a Atenuater with the remote antenna?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)