VIP722 TV2

guzz64

Original poster
Aug 16, 2009
USA
I have a 722 currently running off of a dish 500 with Dp lnb. I realize I need to get the 129 or 61.5 for more hd. But that is not my problem right now.

I have the signal going to a dp34 switch.

My Problem. TV2 (tuner) cannot see the satalites signal if TV1(tuner) is on. Actually, whichever tv(tuner) I turn on first can see the satalites, then the other cannot. The tv(tuner) that says it cannot see the satalites will tune in all available HD programming however. I can set the 722 to single mode and both tv's see the same.

I have used one cable and a separater. I have used two seperate feeds from the dp34 to the reciever. I have checked all 4 of the dp34 tv feeds and they all work independantly.

Guzz

You need a DishPro Plus switch in order to feed the satellite signal to dual-tuner receivers with a single coax. This would be a DPP33 or DPP44 in addition to, or instead of, your DP34. You could also simply run two coax cables from different ports on your DP34 so that your 722 has one cable per tuner. I personally use a DPP33 hung off the passthrough ports of my DP34, and that works well.

Note that several LNBs come with embedded switches: a DPP32 inside a DishPro Plus twin LNB; a DPP43 inside a 1000.2 or 1000.4 LNB assembly.

Last edited:
I ran two coax cables off of different ports of the DP34. Same issue.

I guess it must have to do with the fact it needs a dishpro plus type of switch.

Is it bad to run two coax cables to the different tuners until I get the proper switch?

Guzz

How many receivers do you have?

Two or less: connect them directly to a DPP LNB

>2: Get as many DPP switches as necessary (one and only one output for each receiver)

Given the setup that you have, you need to make damn sure you don't use the separator. Two wires from the LNB or the DP34 is the only solution with the given hardware and it is safe.

Self-installing is overrated.

I ran two coax cables off of different ports of the DP34. Same issue... Is it bad to run two coax cables to the different tuners until I get the proper switch?
It is not bad; it is good and a supported configuration forever, not just as a temporary measure.

As harshness says, when you run the two cables from the output ports (not passthrough ports!) of your DP34 to the two tuner inputs, then in that case remove the separator. And do a MENU 6-1-1 and Check Switch. This should work.

I only have one receiver (722). My 501 was flawless. I switched hoping to get different channels on different tv's. I had a 322 working on this system with no problem.

My LNB is DishPro, not plus. I have tried multiple combinations on the DP34 outputs (not passthrough). I am just trying to figure if the problem may be in my receiver. All result in one tuner working, the other not seeing satalites. The one tuner not seeing satalites however still plays the HD broadcasts. 1st tuner turned on works, doesn't matter which one you do first.

Guzz

You can definitely watch different programs on different tvs with a 322 or 722. If you unplugged a working 322 and plugged in a 722, then something is amiss with that 722. When changing your switch configuration, you definitely must clear the switch matrix somehow. Did you do a Check Switch? If so, it's results should state that you have a DP34 on both tuners. what does Menu 6-1-3 line h show?

I am told that the 722 needs a dpp44 or dpp33 using a dp LNB. If I upgrade to a 1000.2 dish and dpp LNB, I should be able to skip the dpp33 or dpp44 altogether.

Does this sound right?

I am told that the 722 needs a dpp44 or dpp33 using a dp LNB. If I upgrade to a 1000.2 dish and dpp LNB, I should be able to skip the dpp33 or dpp44 altogether.

Does this sound right?

The 722 only needs a DPP44 or DPP33 if you are running only one coax line to the one receiver. With any DP or SW switch, you need two coax lines to a dual tuner receiver. If you only have one receiver active, you can run the two lines directly from the lnb, no switch should be needed.

Just a follow up. I got it to work with my existing equipment. I went through and checked/changed all connectors on each cable. I removed unnecessary splitters, and changed questionable splitter. I set it back to dual tuner mode, and did the check switch again. Now with my dp lnb on a dish 500 dish, a dp34 using independent coax to the 722 tuners I have full function.

TV2 now sees the satalite and both tv tuners operate independantly of one another.

Thank you all for your help.
Guzz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)