VIp722K and it's tuners

Ghpr13

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 1, 2009
Louisville, KY
After close to 2 years with my 722K, I still get confused at times on how the 2 tuners work when I'm recording programs. My 722K is set up with tuner 1 as my main TV, and tuner 2 as my son's TV. Now, Boy Meets World comes on ABCFamily at 7:00am and also 7:30am. Originally, I had it set to record "all" Boy Meets World episodes, but for some reason the ends of both the 7:00am & the 7:30am program would be cut off by about 45 seconds (or so). Then I deleted that timer, and made a new one setting Boy Meets World, 7:00am to 7:31am, Monday through Friday. Then I set a timer for Boy Meets World, 7:29 to 8:01, Mon -Fri. Now I would have thought that would have made one timer on tuner 1, and one timer on tuner on 2, but both timers were on the same tuner. I tried adjusting the "Record Plus" but that didn't seem to do what I had hope for. Any suggestions?

Ghpr13:confused:

Turn off record plus and set one of the timers with the TV1 remote and the other with the TV2 remote, I think that should work the way you want.

Sent from my DROIDX

Turn off record plus and set one of the timers with the TV1 remote and the other with the TV2 remote, I think that should work the way you want.

Sent from my DROIDX

Start Time=1 min early, End Time=3 min later.

Thank you both.
One other quick question, is there any option on the 722k to just pick which tuner you want a program to record on? I would think it would be an easy option to provide.

Thanks, again,
Ghpr13:)

If you are recording two shows on the same channel right after another, the box will automatically adjust the start/end times and run one recording into the other so it doesn't tie up two turners. You can adjust this by setting up both, and then going into the scheduled recordings screen ( DVR button 3 times) and select the first one, click options, and then adjust the time there. Do this on the second one as well and they should take up both tuners.

With record plus turned off, you choose which tv it uses by which one you set it up on. If you setup two on one tv at the same time, it automatically bumps the second one to the other tv.

If one wants to GUARANTEE that the timer will not be clipped due to additional recordings set to start immediately after that timer, a minimum of TWO (2) minutes early and/or late must be set using the options screen. This will take up both tuners for a few minutes during the overlap, but it will guarantee that there will be no clipping a 1 minute before and after timer due to immediately following timers set to record.

If you are recording two shows on the same channel right after another, the box will automatically adjust the start/end times and run one recording into the other so it doesn't tie up two turners. You can adjust this by setting up both, and then going into the scheduled recordings screen ( DVR button 3 times) and select the first one, click options, and then adjust the time there. Do this on the second one as well and they should take up both tuners.

With record plus turned off, you choose which tv it uses by which one you set it up on. If you setup two on one tv at the same time, it automatically bumps the second one to the other tv.

If one wants to GUARANTEE that the timer will not be clipped due to additional recordings set to start immediately after that timer, a minimum of TWO (2) minutes early and/or late must be set using the options screen. This will take up both tuners for a few minutes during the overlap, but it will guarantee that there will be no clipping a 1 minute before and after timer due to immediately following timers set to record.

I thank both of you also.
You would think by now I would know the ins & outs of these tuners and how the 722K records, but I guess somethings just never hit home.
Glad you all are out there to help!

I thank both of you also.
You would think by now I would know the ins & outs of these tuners and how the 722K records, but I guess somethings just never hit home.
Glad you all are out there to help!

Actually, it is not your fault. I believe it to be Dish's fault because when one sets the timer to ONE MINUTE before/after, it really SHOULD MEAN one minute before/after in ALL CONDITIONS. How would any reasonable human being think otherwise?

Please experiment with what teh-duke and I have suggested and see it for yourself, like I did many years ago. Then it will make sense, and you will be certain it will work as expected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)