vip722k,changing tv 2 location

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

franklctx

Original poster
Jul 18, 2011
Dallas
to a room that has a 612 hooked up(bedroom) wife wants the 1080 i on tv 2.can't i just move 612 to tv2 location and hook up .change new location tv2 to ch 60 and call it day?

You must change the connections around. Where TV2 is now that connection (in home disp location) must connect with the cable coming from the dish to the 612 and where 612 cable now comes from dish must connect with the TV2 connection coming from the dual tuner.

Call Dish and schedule a $15 tech visit with complaint of tv2 has gone black and you dont have time to troubleshoot. Then when tech arrives, explain what you need with $25 cash in hand and most techs will gladly pocket it and get you taken care of. Otherwise, Dish charges $50 for relocation of a receiver + the $15 tech fee for total of $65. Anytime I saw a work order where the cust was requesting relocation of a receiver, I'd offer the cust 2 choices: pay me $25 cash and I'd call Dish to have work order modified for a troubleshooting visit instead of a relocating receiver visit thereby not costing the cust $50 or we could keep the work order as is and they can pay Dish the $50 relocation fee. Out of around 25 or so of these done so far this year, not one cust hesitated to go find cash even if they had to drive to an atm! Same thing on mirror images, big time money maker for me!

Dishman-n-nc said:
Call Dish and schedule a $15 tech visit with complaint of tv2 has gone black and you dont have time to troubleshoot. Then when tech arrives, explain what you need with $25 cash in hand and most techs will gladly pocket it and get you taken care of. Otherwise, Dish charges $50 for relocation of a receiver + the $15 tech fee for total of $65. Anytime I saw a work order where the cust was requesting relocation of a receiver, I'd offer the cust 2 choices: pay me $25 cash and I'd call Dish to have work order modified for a troubleshooting visit instead of a relocating receiver visit thereby not costing the cust $50 or we could keep the work order as is and they can pay Dish the $50 relocation fee. Out of around 25 or so of these done so far this year, not one cust hesitated to go find cash even if they had to drive to an atm! Same thing on mirror images, big time money maker for me!

You are the man.

It can't hurt to try it yourself. You only have to switch 2 lines. Mark all the cables first so you can reverse what you do if it doesn't work.

Dishman,

What does mirror images mean?

Lets say you had a single tuner receiver. With the HD single receiver, there are 3 ways to connect it to your tv. Either HDMI cable, AV cable or via a reg cable line. So if I connect the receiver to the tv with a hdmi cable then that frees up the screw in cable port where a line can be run to another tv in the house to view programming also. It's called a mirror. What ever you put the tv on at the receiver, the other tv will have the same image. Saves folks from having to buy another receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)