Vip722k - never shows up as connected

lparsons21

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 17, 2009
Herrin, IL 62948
This is the broadband. When I look at 'my equipment', it shows my Vip612 as connected, but the 722k as not connected. Yet when I use the download sections on the 722k, it works just fine and gets the VOD there with no issues.

And when I use the Dish Remote access on my iPad, it shows up just fine.

Any clues what is going on?

Happens to a lot of people. As long as your broadband menu on the 722k states "Connected Online" then you've done everything on your end for the DISH Remote Access to work properly. The problem you are experiencing is most likely on DISH Network's end. All I can suggest is that on the Remote Access page you click "My Account" then from there click "DISH Remote Access" and let it try again. You might have to repeat those steps multiple times to get it to work.

Lloyd, my 622 never reports being broadband connected on the Dish site but works just fine with Remote Access. As 3HaloODST stated this is most likely at Dish's end.

The remote access functions correctly now, it is only on my account page at Dish's website that it doesn't show up.

I suppose since everything actually works just fine, I should ignore it.

Whoops... I thought you were asking the same question that I've seen a million times about DRA... Anyway... As long as the receiver itself says "Connected Online" in MENU - 6 - 1 - 8 - 2 and in MENU - 6 - 1 - 3 - "Connection" states "Broadband connection OK" I wouldn't worry about the site or what it states. Heck... Even right now as I speak I can't even log in to dishnetwork.com because it says "The system is currently unavailable" so I wouldn't count on the site working as it should all the time...

Just checked the site. It says neither of my 722k's are connected via broadband. Both say "Connected Online." Both connected via DRA on the first try. I suspect it might be something to do with the recent firmware upgrades... Not sure though. No biggie though. I think maybe they're working on the "My Equipment" page because both receivers don't state that EHD is enabled (nor does it state disabled) when I know that a couple of weeks ago it said "Yes" to both.

My 722k check out fine and says 'connected online', still doesn't show up on the my equipment page. And like yours, it doesn't show EHD but I use it damn near every day just fine. And like your, mine has shown both correctly at different times.

They really need to get a good web site developer! As it sits right now, it is flakey when going to my account stuff. Sometimes it works just fine, other times it pulls blank pages or incompletes. More often when I use Safari, but a few times with Chrome and Firefox too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts