vip722k TV2 Output problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jgmintz

Original poster
Jan 17, 2010
Alabama
Need assistance on "seeing" the 722 TV2 outputs.

1. I've got the 722 TV2 Outputs (RCAs) hooked into the RCA INPUTS of my DVD Recorder
  2. Next the DVD Recorder RCA OUTPUTS goto my plasma RCA INPUTS (TV1).
  3. Select proper source for the plasma RCA inputs from the DVD Recorder (I know this works since I watch regular DVDs this way)
  4. Goto 722 and start a dvr recorder program
  5. Nothing - screen is blank (In other words, the 722 is still playing the dvr recorded show through my HDMI from TV1 OUTPUT to the plasma)
How do I get something to play from the 722 TV2 OUTPUTS (specifically the RCA TV2 outputs?)

Note: it doesn't seem to matter if the 722 is in dual or single mode - however, currently have it in single mode.

thanks

Use the TV1 composite outputs OR put receiver in shared view (menu/system setup...). Just use TV1, easier and you won't have to set it back if you go back to dual mode.

Last edited:
Use the TV1 composite outputs OR put receiver in shared view (menu/system setup...). Just use TV1, easier and you won't have to set it back if you go back to dual mode.

+1:up

And as long as you're gonna use TV1 you should hook up your DVD recorder using the "S Video" output from the 722s' TV1 tuner. Better PQ! Sorry to see that the newer "K" models have done away with "S Video".:(

Ed

You might check the particulars in the DVR recorder manual but some do not pass through the signal when in record mode--dumb--just in view mode. S-video, if available, does record a better signal.

The are even some DVRs, seldom ever seen, that will record component, but likely CrCbY and not usual PrPbY(?) and only 640 or 720x480 or so.

I recommend a rewritable disk until it works right for you--cost more but save about $0.20 each failure. I did a lot of these with the 811 and 501, but a disk buffer is a lot better.

-Ken

Have you tried it with the HDMI cable unhooked from the receiver? My component output doesn’t work if an HDMI cable is plugged into the box. However, I can use component and composite cables at the same time.