VIP722K will not pull and IP address

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hartman32

Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I am having issues with my VIP722k and my D-LINK DIR-655 (CAT5e), it will not pull an IP address. I have reset the connection several times, bypassed the router, and still nothing. Dish has sent me a second 722k and it does the same. I am able to receive an IP address from a laptop and surf but nothing on the 722k. The router does not even show the MAC address of the 722k. Do I need to open ports? Which ones, if any? NEED HELP!:mad:

Been there done that

I am having issues with my VIP722k and my D-LINK DIR-655 (CAT5e), it will not pull an IP address. I have reset the connection several times, bypassed the router, and still nothing. Dish has sent me a second 722k and it does the same. I am able to receive an IP address from a laptop and surf but nothing on the 722k. The router does not even show the MAC address of the 722k. Do I need to open ports? Which ones, if any? NEED HELP!:mad:

Had the same problem as you I never found a solution w/D-Link. I went to a Lynksys and fixed the problem. Good Luck

Try a hard reset of the receiver. I had this problem and it made me pull my hair out. Finally was able to get the IP address to renew with a hard reboot. Pull the plug and plug it back in. Also make sure you don't have a MAC filter enabled and if you do be sure to enter in the receiver's MAC address.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts