VIP722K won't download from DishOnline

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ethanjones

Original poster
Jan 16, 2010
California
I have a Dish Network VIP722K and am able to access the DishOnline menus, pull down the listings of movies/tv shows, but when I attempt to download any content, it fails. The receiver passes the authorization step and opens the download screen, but never downloads anything. It just sits at 0%. I eventually get the "Failed" message and it attempts to redownload the content, but I never get anything.

I have the 722k hooked up via ethernet to my router. The router is running NAT and DHCP. The receiver is getting an IP address, DNS entry, etc. I am able to remotely access my receiver online. The only function it will not do is download DishOnline content.

I have tried to port 5001 forwarding suggested in another post, with no luck. I have tried contacting Dish who told me everything looked liked it was set up correctly on their end and on our receiver. Does anyone have any ideas of what to do? Do I need to open something up on my router?

My router is a D-Link DIR-615, latest firmware.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I knew it

I have a Dish Network VIP722K and am able to access the DishOnline menus, pull down the listings of movies/tv shows, but when I attempt to download any content, it fails. The receiver passes the authorization step and opens the download screen, but never downloads anything. It just sits at 0%. I eventually get the "Failed" message and it attempts to redownload the content, but I never get anything.

I have the 722k hooked up via ethernet to my router. The router is running NAT and DHCP. The receiver is getting an IP address, DNS entry, etc. I am able to remotely access my receiver online. The only function it will not do is download DishOnline content.

I have tried to port 5001 forwarding suggested in another post, with no luck. I have tried contacting Dish who told me everything looked liked it was set up correctly on their end and on our receiver. Does anyone have any ideas of what to do? Do I need to open something up on my router?

My router is a D-Link DIR-615, latest firmware.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's a D-Link problem. D-Link & E* 722k don't play nice together. I had to switch out a new D-Link for a linksys. The 2 just wouldn't work together don't know why but has something to do w/ the D-Link s/w. Get rid of the D-Link and put a diff router on it and all will work fine.

See what IP the dish box has, go into your router. Find DMZ and turn it on for that address.

That will only fix it for the length of time the dish box has that ip. I wish dish would let us give the box a static ip.

Ultimately, you will have an easier time if you follow the post above and get a linksys router.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts