Virtual Joey

AZ.

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 26, 2011
crazy
Ok I heard the pricing, works on only LG TV's, get a remote that makes it work just like a real Joey...

Only part I missed is, does it tie up the sling side of things? So if someone was home using it you would tie up your sling capacity's from remotely?

This sounds like a great setup for a friends outside porch, but the sling is used a lot also... Thanks

Ok I heard the pricing, works on only LG TV's, get a remote that makes it work just like a real Joey...

Only part I missed is, does it tie up the sling side of things? So if someone was home using it you would tie up your sling capacity's from remotely?

This sounds like a great setup for a friends outside porch, but the sling is used a lot also... Thanks

It just uses a tuner that's available. You can also use it on a Sony PS3 and PS4. You should be able to use Sling and the Virtual Joey as long as you have 2 tuners available.

No its on a big back porch, receptical is there the idea of no cables is a great idea... Someone was really thinking over at dish... hope it doesn't go to there heads!

It just uses a tuner that's available. You can also use it on a Sony PS3 and PS4. You should be able to use Sling and the Virtual Joey as long as you have 2 tuners available.

No its on a big back porch, receptical is there the idea of no cables is a great idea... Someone was really thinking over at dish... hope it doesn't go to there heads!

Don't forget that Dish will also have a wireless Joey if the Virtual Joey does not work out for you.

Oh shoot.................. Your totally correct I was thinking one thing and typing another... that's why I asked if it used the sling for the wireless remote(non coax) TV... eye roll!

Don't forget that Dish will also have a wireless Joey if the Virtual Joey does not work out for you.

Keep in mind that Dish specifies that the smart tv and the Hopper be hardwired to your router/switch. Wifi is "not supported" for the virtual function.

Keep in mind that Dish specifies that the smart tv and the Hopper be hardwired to your router/switch. Wifi is "not supported" for the virtual function.

That's right. Need a Dingo for that.

hmm I wonder which will happen first.Super Joey,Virtual Joey,or Disney in HD?

Does "Virtual joey" work with wireless setup? ie my Hopper with sling is connected to router wireless and my compatible LG 2013 smart TV is also connect wireless.

Does "Virtual joey" work with wireless setup? ie my Hopper with sling is connected to router wireless and my compatible LG 2013 smart TV is also connect wireless.
Officially they say the TV should be wired, but that's probably so they don't have to support a wireless setup and possible bandwidth/reliability issues. I haven't seen any posts to indicate whether or not they have actually coded it to enforce the restriction. If I had to bet, I'd say it will probably work but be unsupported, much like a real Joey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)