Vizio Reference Series at CES

120"... geez good luck getting that thing through the door. If TV sizes keep growing, we'll be building future homes around the TV.

What he is saying is the lower end models are 1.4.

The reference line, coming in the summer, would be 2.0 if I understand correctly.

Thats why Im most interested in that line.

384 zoned local dimming should produce a fantastic contrast ratio!

Fingers crossed... The only full array set I ever had was a 55" toshiba and hit had 96. I had to count em using a laptop trick, because nobody would publish. It was a nice looking set but didnt calibrate well because the CMS did not work, and you could see zones turning on and off in a dark room in a movie. 384 is outstanding IMO.

Fingers crossed... The only full array set I ever had was a 55" toshiba and hit had 96. I had to count em using a laptop trick, because nobody would publish. It was a nice looking set but didnt calibrate well because the CMS did not work, and you could see zones turning on and off in a dark room in a movie. 384 is outstanding IMO.

Hopefully the chips have gotten fast enough that they can now keep up with moving bright/dark objects and not let the user see the adjustments in the backlights.

Thats what Im thinking. These quad core chips should be able to handle controlling more LED's/zones. I think the issue back in 2009 and 2010 was not as much the LED's being expensive, it was the horsepower needed to control more of them.

Thats what Im thinking. These quad core chips should be able to handle controlling more LED's/zones. I think the issue back in 2009 and 2010 was not as much the LED's being expensive, it was the horsepower needed to control more of them.

It is a lot of horse power needed. You have the pixels for each zone having to be evaluated 60 times a second for average brightness to adjust the back light. You end up having to average 8 million pixels 60 times a second.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)