This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

VIZIO Starts Shipping 2013 M-Series LED HDTVs

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama

Link

Backlit (full array) is superior, but most LCD's sold now are going with side lit and its not a good move for the consumer.

For my computer monitor I was looking for a 32 inch television that had a bright picture. I figured I would get an LED LCD since those had brigher screens and higher picture quality. I read about the edge lit vs back lit. I started shopping for one and ran across a Panasonic that retailed for $650 and got it on sale for $400. It has been over a year and a half since I have bought it but it has a nice bright picture. I believe it has a backlit display and had very good reviews. Didn't want to get a cheap one.

Looked at a 50" at Best Buy last night and the picture looked great. I am having to replace 3 TV's after a fire and I am looking real hard at the M series. Sure looks like a lot of TV for the price. The 55 is on sale at Sams for under $1,000.

I saw where the 80" is now for sale. Its really a good price for the screen size,and Vizio seems to get better every year.