lamp of the wireless LED projector is damaged

UzairS14

Original poster
Oct 7, 2020
Dubai
Hello everyone. I have wireless LED projector M1+ by Viewsonic. I bought it when it has been launched last year. However, now I am having one problem with this; the projector lamp is damaged. On the website Portable Projector Dubai | Wireless WVGA LED HD Gaming Projector they are showing that this lamp has a lifespan of 30k hours which is fair enough but once my projector had fallen down on the ground. This would be a reason for the damaged lamp? Why so fast this happened? I need reasons and now which lamp should I replace.? Need advice. Please help.

Hello everyone. I have wireless LED projector M1+ by Viewsonic. I bought it when it has been launched last year. However, now I am having one problem with this; the projector lamp is damaged. On the website Portable Projector Dubai | Wireless WVGA LED HD Gaming Projector they are showing that this lamp has a lifespan of 30k hours which is fair enough but once my projector had fallen down on the ground. This would be a reason for the damaged lamp? Why so fast this happened? I need reasons and now which lamp should I replace.? Need advice. Please help.
Yeah I'm guessing halogens don't like the filaments jarred especially when hot. Or fingerprints either.
Time for a new one. Make sure it's not a chinesium knock-off.

Reactions: UzairS14
I believe the OP said it was an LED projector, not halogen.

Not knowing how far the drop was, it's hard to say whether it was a fatal blow. For the price (around 170 USD) this design might have cut a few corners in ruggedness.

Also, I‘d guess there isn’t a user-replacement for the RGB LED light engine. I misspoke about the cost, too, the USA site for the M1+ has a price of $315 (plus it’s out of stock). Available on Amazon for $280.

It looks like a neat little portable projector.

I believe the OP said it was an LED projector, not halogen.

Not knowing how far the drop was, it's hard to say whether it was a fatal blow. For the price (around 170 USD) this design might have cut a few corners in ruggedness.
probably. I am about to buy a new one.

Reactions: Foxbat