Vizio’s XVT Hands On: A Gorgeous 4K TV You Might Actually Be Able to Afford

Vizio's usually are since they are the Wal-Mart brand. Remember their high end HDTVs go for over $900. I would guess this would start off easily in the upper $1,000s for the small size initially.

Vizio's usually are since they are the Wal-Mart brand. Remember their high end HDTVs go for over $900. I would guess this would start off easily in the upper $1,000s for the small size initially.

Vizio is sold in Wal-Mart, but they are not a Wal-Mart brand. They are available in other stores as well, Best Buy being one.

The biggest downside to Vizio that I see is their warranty. 1 year, ship to them warranty is all they offer which seems amazingly dumb on their part. No in home repair/replace at all except via 3rd party at your expense.

Until/unless they change their warranty provisions, Vizio won't be on my list at all.

They've been around at least 6 years, perhaps as long as 10.

They aren't going to be half the price as there is insufficient volume on these panels to get any economy of scale yet.

They will be cheaper but only15 to 20% and at the prices they are at that's still quite dear for most consumers.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.x

Until HDMI 2.0 comes out, 4k sets could become obsolete.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6566/broadcom-unveils-4kp60-capable-soc-for-home-gateways-stbs

HDMI 2.0 (the name going around the industry, despite the HDMI forum's decision to do away with version numbers for all HDMI products) is going to be ratified soon, and will apparently simply double the operating frequency of the controller / PHY to provide enough bandwidth to send across uncompressed 4Kp60 video. The high cost of current 4K solutions is already a deterrent, and if one is hesitating to jump in right now, these facts should serve as an incentive to wait for some more time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts