Status
Please reply by conversation.

stogie5150

Crazed Cajun Rebel
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Slidell,LA
Say I have a feed I wanna watch VIA TSReader/VLC. Say its....curling.

Once I have it tuned, is there a way I can stream it over the internet to my buddy, say in Outer Mongolia? What would he have to do to recieve the feed? I know he would need vlc...but is this possible without a slingbox type of thing?

(names and places, as well as the feed, have been changed to protect the innocent) :)

all he needs is VLC. This is the string I use to broadcast across the net. It all depends on your upload speeds. This one streams at about 384k.

I use this one off of DVBdream

:sout=#transcode{vcodec=h264,vb=256,width=320,height=280,scale=1,acodec=mpga,ab=64,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=http,mux=asf,dst=:4313}} :sout-all

4313 is an example, designating which port you want to use. Depending on how your router is set up, you may need to set up port forwarding to the pc you are using.

all he needs is VLC. This is the string I use to broadcast across the net. It all depends on your upload speeds. This one streams at about 384k.

I use this one off of DVBdream

:sout=#transcode{vcodec=h264,vb=256,width=320,height=280,scale=1,acodec=mpga,ab=64,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=http,mux=asf,dst=:4313}} :sout-all

4313 is an example, designating which port you want to use. Depending on how your router is set up, you may need to set up port forwarding to the pc you are using.

Uh...Yeah. Thanks for the info. No way I could figure out how to do that...WAY above my understanding.

But thanks! :up:D

- stogie

Just curious if you have found your answer or not. One gotcha that you need to be aware of, I'm sure you have a firewall. So that port you define for this "service' will have to be forwarded to that machine. Also, you will need to have the internet routable IP address for this to work. A nice service out there to look into is DynDNS for that.

- stogie

Just curious if you have found your answer or not. One gotcha that you need to be aware of, I'm sure you have a firewall. So that port you define for this "service' will have to be forwarded to that machine. Also, you will need to have the internet routable IP address for this to work. A nice service out there to look into is DynDNS for that.

Naa I was lost from the get go. I know NOTHING about port forwarding, how to configure the addresses and such...it was just an experiment anyway...but thanks for your concern...LOL

tv from colombia

Hallo i'm from the Netherlands and i would like to see 2 channels from Colombia , like Caracol and RCN but here it's not posible, is there someone that can help me with that maybe streaming on the internet.
when some one is intrested in channes from europe maybe i can help , i have
a Dreambox 7000-s and wacht the satelite Astra 1F/1G/1H/1KR/1L at 19.2°E , Hot Bird 6/7A/8 at 13.0°E and Hispasat1C/1D 30°W.
I don't kno if this all is posible but if it is please help me with this.

Greetings from The Netherlans:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts