vmc site misleading?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

frodo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2004
Portland, Or
Hey all I signed up via the VMC site. what I ended up getting is 1 522 and 2 811's hooked up on 2 tv's. so i have pvr and HD on both tv's. According to the VMC site I can do all this for free, the HD boxes are free with the $9.99 HD subscription. But now I view my dish bill and I have 2 $5 charges for additional receiver fees. I email dish and they tell me to look at http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/getDish/disclaimers/dishPVRplans/index.shtml.
but then I look at vmc and it states
"
You pay a $49.99 Activation Fee, which includes FREE INSTALLATION from DISH Network. There is no equipment to buy. You can receive up to two FREE HDTV receivers when you select HD programming. You can also select FREE Digital Video Recorders in as many of the four rooms as you desire.
"
So I am just missing it or is VMC pulling a fast one for $10 a month on me?

There is a $5 rental for each receiver on your account past the first. This is listed in several places so you just must've missed it. You're not getting anything pulled on you....

Hopefully you realize you are only leasing these receivers you will never own them they are not FREE this is missleading advertising. You also have a $4.98 DISH Video on Demand fee for the use of the 522 functionality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)