VOD - Channel Lock

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RBergmann

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 3, 2006
Vista, CA
Tried to Lock the VOD (channel 1) from my guide. Works for a while, but then I see it again (maybe a day or two later). Anyone come up with a way to "lock" this channel from showing in my guide? I haven't had any difficulty with locking out any other channels from the EPG.

Are you just trying to make it not show or are you trying to make it so no one can purchase? You can put a lock on for PPV which should lock this out as well.

Personally, I want it locked out for good.. I don't want to see it in my guide.. I lock it out and it keeps coming back.. I will NEVER order it.. I don't want to see it..

Are you just trying to make it not show or are you trying to make it so no one can purchase? You can put a lock on for PPV which should lock this out as well.
I'm just not interested in it showing. These VOD entries can take up to 20 places (last time I counted). I like to smoothly transition from my locally mapped channels through all the HD offerings (with the exception of the upper 300 HD channels that I don't watch anyway). I've sucessfully locked out everything else. I do know that I can build a customized guide, but I'm used to how I currrently have customized and navigate the EPG. I'll try locking out the PPV as a whole and see if this resolves my complaint. I'm not a customer of additional (to my already large DISH bill) pay presentations anyway.

More important than this, I don't want to try and explain any changes to my wife on how to use the remote:D We've had the HD receivers 811, 622 as well as our current 722K and they've been set up as similar as possible.

Ive tried locking it out as well and it comes back after the daily update. I have the PPV lock on and the channel lock for Channel 1. Dish just keeps making it harder and harder for me to stay.

I use favorites lists and I never see any channels I don't want to see. No ad banners either.

I am sure both of these "bugs" will eventually be "fixed."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts