Voice remote issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

peggy97850

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Western US
Anyone have any idea why when I ask it to change to my local ABC (channel 2) a message comes up saying it's a subscription channel? I pay extra for locals w/Flex & the other locals work by voice, just this one won't work on either Joey or H3 unless I physically type it in. Tried Alexa as well & it works for all other channels but changes to a black screen when I say channel 2.

(first time I've been disappointed in response from DIRT, all I got was "I'll report it")

Actually I've paired/unpaired a few times because I tried it on both H3 & Joey2 with same results. Message is 005, programming not authorized on both. Just tried my other voice remote & it does the same thing, so it's probably a setting in my account, not the actual remote that's causing the issue. Thanks for suggestions.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Tried both, it works just fine if I type it in. Just tried other voice remote on the wireless joey & it won't work on 2 of the 4 locals, both ABC (2) & CBS (6) only work if I type in channel number, says I'm not subscribed. Maybe it has something to do with my Flex w/locals not being set up correctly? Makes even less sense that H3 gets CBS (using voice) but WJ doesn't. I must have gremlins playing games with me :)

Tried both, it works just fine if I type it in. Just tried other voice remote on the wireless joey & it won't work on 2 of the 4 locals, both ABC (2) & CBS (6) only work if I type in channel number, says I'm not subscribed. Maybe it has something to do with my Flex w/locals not being set up correctly? Makes even less sense that H3 gets CBS (using voice) but WJ doesn't. I must have gremlins playing games with me :)
Try the call letters for the station, that will do it I think. If not I'm out of ideas.:D

Reactions: charlesrshell
Anyone have any idea why when I ask it to change to my local ABC (channel 2) a message comes up saying it's a subscription channel? I pay extra for locals w/Flex & the other locals work by voice, just this one won't work on either Joey or H3 unless I physically type it in. Tried Alexa as well & it works for all other channels but changes to a black screen when I say channel 2.

(first time I've been disappointed in response from DIRT, all I got was "I'll report it")
Do you also have OTA antenna locals scanned in, or do you only have the satellite-delivered locals?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts