VOIP phone and Dish 625

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

artisticcheese

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 10, 2005
Anybody using VOIP phones and Dish 625 currently? I have VOIP phone which worked fine with previous version of DVR but 625 does not have "wireless jack" option in settings which probably will cause dialing out issues with VOIP phone.
Any experiences?

I am ..

Hello ...

I am using Vonage. The 625 downstairs is connected via a wireless jack which goes out through vonage.

No problems at all.

I also have 5 mbit down and 2 mbit up for internet service.

Thanks.

I'm using Sunrocket, I don't think it's supports *99.
How do I verify that my DVR actually dials properly and connects properly without waiting for next month bill and checking if they stick $5 charge there.

I use Vonage and I can log into my account and see up to the minute calls and look for the phone number it calls. It usually will make several ( ithink 4) attempts to connect, if it fails to connect It shows as a 1 min call, if it connects it shows as a two minute call. ( 508 has slower modem? may affect call time)
Look for the phone number 18002679084, Or use to view statement and it calls 18667672759 ( This is the number it just dialed). Mine just failed to connect.

Dunno about your voip provider, but I believe the *99 is a standard in the hardware thats used. I have a Motorola VT1000 series adapter, I've heard this works also on DirectV , Tivo, and alarms systems also.

Vonage forums may help you http://www.vonage-forum.com/forum9.html

Well I dont have a 625 but I use Sunrocket and my 322 and 510 work with no problem. I dont use any prefixes or DSL filters like some people say to use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)