Volume Control

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Fiveft20in

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2007
Central Illinois
This may not be news to some but I think others will find it helpful. I did not install the speakers on my new TV; all sound runs through my A/V receiver. The TV volume control does not affect the audio output to the receiver. I wanted to use my DISH remote to control the volume on the A/V receiver without having to switch between SAT and AUX mode. I finally found the solution in the 522 Remote Manual. The procedure works on my 722 remote:

SWITCHING BETWEEN TV AND DEVICE VOLUME CONTROL

When you set up the remote to control a TV, the MUTE and VOLUME buttons control the TV volume. However, if you want to use the AUX mode to control a tuner or amplifier and the device has a volume setting, you can set up the remote to control the device’s volume instead of the TV volume.

To set the remote to control the device’s volume:

1. Press and hold the AUX mode button for three seconds, and then let go of it. The AUX mode button will blink.

2. Press the POUND (#) button.

3. Press the plus (+) side of the VOLUME button.

4. Press the 0 number button.

5. Press the POUND (#) button. The AUX mode button flashes three times.

6. Press the SAT mode button.

7. Press the plus (+) and minus (-) sides of the VOLUME button. The device’s volume changes and the AUX mode button lights instead of the TV mode button.

To set the remote back to control the TV volume:

1. Press and hold the TV mode button for three seconds, and then let go of it. The TV mode button will blink.

2. Press the POUND (#) button.

3. Press the plus (+) side of the VOLUME button.

4. Press the 0 number button.

5. Press the POUND (#) button. The TV mode button flashes three times.

6. Press the SAT mode button.

7. Press the plus (+) and minus (-) sides of the VOLUME button. The TV’s volume changes and the TV mode button lights instead of the AUX mode button.

Thanks for posting this, I forget this procedure everytime I upgrade my Dish receiver/remote. I had been searching for an hour and even called Dish Network tech support which told me this wasn't possible and that I would have to hit the AUX button to adjust the volume after she checked with others in the office that confirmed this was the only way to adjust the volume. Then I found your post and it did exactly what I needed! Maybe someone should inform tech support. Thanks!

and even called Dish Network tech support which told me this wasn't possible and that I would have to hit the AUX button to adjust the volume after she checked with others in the office that confirmed this was the only way to adjust the volume.

I can't tell you how awesome it is that Tech Support couldn't tell you how to do something that is clearly outlined in the Dish Network Field Support Manual....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)