Volume control...

davemich

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
SW Lower Michigan
...on a 612 for a Samsung 52" LCD. I programmed the remote and the only way to adjust the volume up or down is by pushing and releasing the volume button over and over again to get to the desired volume. I cannot just hold the volume button down to either turn up or down the volume. Is there another code I should try or is this a issue with the Samsung TV codes? Thanks in advance.

There have been several reports of LCD's creating interference with the remotes. I don't recall the specifics.

There have been several reports of LCD's creating interference with the remotes. I don't recall the specifics.
I had IR problems with my LCD. I probably had the worst case scenario: all my gear was on the wall opposite the TV so the LCD flooded all the IR sensors. I had an IR repeater under the TV and some shelf-mounted flashers at the rack but some commands to some devices simply weren't reliable.

I ended up going RF from the remote to IR flashers in front of each unit. The Dish receiver was the most sensitive to interference and I ended up covering over the sensor and flasher with black tape!

You can't do the RF thing with the Dish remote (except to the receiver itself). You'll need a decent universal remote that speaks to an optional RF to IR box.

IR interference may not be the problem. If you can use the TV's remote successfully, then I'd look at the Dish remote for a possibly better set of control codes or invest in a universal remote.

sounds like your tv is looking for a pulsing signal and the remote is putting out a solid signal. A way to check would be to see what your TV remote is putting out or wave the remote back and forth in front of the TV so the signal to the TV is broken without letting go of the button. I don't think these remotes are capable of high frequency outputs.

However, I have a samsung tv too and i don't have that problem so i dunno

I have the same problem on my samsung tv now. I originally had a 622 hooked up in another room and used the 2nd remote on the samsung without any trouble. I put the 622 in the room with my samsung tv and that is when this problem began.

Try searching for a different code, and try all the codes that work the power on/off. Some codes work like you described and some work right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts