Volume leveling doesn't work

I never have any problems with volume of commercials. I just use 30 second skip to fast forward through them all.

There's a flip side to the volume leveling. I recently noticed the soundtrack in recorded movies lacked any punch and scenes in which I expected increased volume and bass were lacking. I also noticed I needed to increase the volume on home theater receiver while watching movies. I thought there was something wrong with my audio system.

Thanks to this thread I found out about the new volume leveling which was enabled by default. After disabling it movies have more dynamic range and sound a lot better now through my sound system. Thanks for the heads up guys.

There's a flip side to the volume leveling. I recently noticed the soundtrack in recorded movies lacked any punch and scenes in which I expected increased volume and bass were lacking.
Yeap, noticed the same issue and mentioned it above...
hall said:
When Dish added this function, I noticed that things got too quiet during certain times.

OK, I tested for awhile on this and the DD 2.0 commercials are still about 6db louder than the DD5.1 program and DD5.1 commercials. The new enabled volume leveling just does not work at all. I disabled it for further monitoring and there is no difference.

If I had to guess, we got the GUI for it in the menus but it has no guts!

I'm going to write to Echostar about this to see what they say.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts