volume leveling????

SAT COOL

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 4, 2008
York,PA
Just wanted to know if anyone knows when Dish will be adding the software for the volume leveling?? I have a 722K and a 612. :)

SOON, in other words when they get around to it. I would like to have it on next update. With the exception of the movie channels I would use it. I want be able to leave the settings on my Yamaha on normal and let the DVR have the adjustment.

Yep. Supposed to all be done by the end of the first quarter. Man, I'm looking forward to that!

The ironic thing to me is, the only issue I have with the volume being too loud is on the commercials Dish inserts.

The ironic thing to me is, the only issue I have with the volume being too loud is on the commercials Dish inserts.

OH I am not the only one! I've complained to Dish for years about this and they deny it. Espcailly the PPV sports events, they actuallu wake me up at night when they come on yet I can only sleep with the TV on.

My locals are all at such low volume you can't even hear them when you change channel to locals then it blasts when on other channels.

I was watching Jimmy Kimmel off my 211 which puts its audio through My Dell PC last night and everytime there was a bit of audio that was loud (like applause or someone said something loud or the band was playing) there was a perceptible drop in the audio of everything for a second or two.

I don't know if it was a characteristic of the audio card on the PC or what, but I did not observe it when I moved to my 722k - same program - through my amplifier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)