VOOM: 15 high-def TV channels make your eyes pop

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Sean Mota said:
Nope 1920x1080p. or haven't you heard about this resolution?

no sean i havent.

you got me there.

now what does directv have to do to please you. oh i know ...3840X 2160 or ill write letters and/or/ sue.

grow up!!!

dragon002 said:
no sean i havent.

you got me there.

now what does directv have to do to please you. oh i know ...3840X 2160 or ill write letters and/or/ sue.

Quite surprise that you missed that one Dragon... Start researching it and do your homework; maybe in your book that will be gone too and the only resolution that will survive will be 720p :rolleyes:
Of course, you know that 3840x2160 does not exists :confused: So here is the question again: Is DirecTv providing 1920x1080i resolution on their 1080i HD channels? Yes or No? It is not about pleasing me. Just answer the question.

Now see I pop over when I see the headline to do a lil research and here you two are again. Its like kids that have to be sent to your rooms. "No my satellite provider is better", "No mine is!"

Ok boys Ive got a question for either one of you. With both D* and E* changing from the MPEG2 to the MPEG4..will either D* or E* send us "true" HD when either is done with their national conversions?

i have no idea, and dont care.

is this " we have to have true hd" thing a vendetta with you.?

you are not , at this time getting what "you consider" true hd thru DBS or CABLE. PERIOD.

and from the voom days.....it is digital, not HD

....ps sean, when al pacino played 'tony montana " and "michael corleone" who would win in a "war"

the ITALO-AMERICAN:devil: every time.;)

dragon002 said:
i have no idea, and dont care.

We now have a clear understanding on where you stand regarding this. Basically you don't care as you yourself put it.

dragon002 said:
is this " we have to have true hd" thing a vendetta with you.?

No vendetta. Just to want to know where a Big DIRECTV FAN like you stand on this. Now we know.

dragon002 said:
you are not , at this time getting what "you consider" true hd thru DBS or CABLE. PERIOD.

But you are quite wrong about this. Dish Networks provides the following channels at 1920x1080i

HBO HD, Showtime HD, HDnet, HDnet Movies, TNT HD, Discovery HD Theater.

I sure wish there were more. I could go with Cable as well that's another option open to me.

dragon002 said:
and from the voom days.....it is digital, not HD

You confused me again :confused: Are you saying that there are no HD channels at all. Man that's a big one if that is true.

dragon002 said:
....ps sean, when al pacino played 'tony montana " and "michael corleone" who would win in a "war"

the ITALO-AMERICAN:devil: every time.;)

You see I really do not care about that stuff. You can keep that :devil:

Well dragon I respect your opinions even on the Steelers. I will however, disagree with you on this point. I have a phenomenal TV and just want to know that its being used at its best potential. Its kinda like having a Ferrari but only being allowed to drive it 55 MPH.

Being a sub to both sat providers .....dish and direct both disappoint me. The lack of programming on Direct gets me annoyed every time....HD lite is plain bad news. Dish has a lot of VOOM HD ch's but often lacks new programming. But at least you get to see some HD at a higher rez....OTA HD looks the best to me and I'm going to stick with that. I keep hearing Directv is working on their HD situation.....but to me they should have worked and providing something for everyone before going ahead with all of these local ch's. But I guess we will see sometime in 2007 what they have going for them. Until then I can't even take their HD pack serious. It lacks programming and rez right now....a dagger on both ends.

Sean, are you running some kind of translation program on these "dragon" posts? I can see that you are arguing with it about something, but the other side is all gibberish. :)

I don't know why you guys are giving this D* SD-Lover Troll the time of day.

If he likes SD and has to have ST then there is a perfect solution: DirecTV

But given that he doesn't even know that Dish is providing several 1920x1080i channels and doesn't own a HDTV set, then why bother with him? Ignore him and let him watch his Steelers in magnificent SD, significantly compressed SD at that if he watches football on D* NFL:ST.

Wow,

As an ExpressVU subscriber in Canada I thought I'd be jealous of all this new HD Voom content...... when is the WatchthePaintPeel-HD channel being launched?

Kryspy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)