VOOM - 21 Exclusive Channels: Reduce them to 7!

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
In my opinion these 21 exclusive channels are a publicity scheme to get you to get/buy VOOM.

This is what VOOM should do:

Cinema 10 - reduce to one channel. Who needs to see these 10 different movies in 10 different channels. What's the benefit? I can't see it.

Keep: Monster, Rush, WorldSport, NewsByte, Rave & Animania

MOOV - Get rid of it.

Treasure, Ultra, Gallery & Epics - Get rid of them and combine them into something other than watching collection, modeling and art.

So out of 21, six non-cinema movies are worth keeping. The cinema 10 movies can be reduced to 1 and therefore you have 7 new HD channels out of 21!

The novelty of these 21 HD channels is wearing off and now I am going back to HDnet and HBO (for carnivale tonight). VOOM needs to add the other non-exclusive channels in order to be a keeper. Again this is my own opinion...

Sean,

I would agree with all except epics. If they actually played Epics on it, it would be my #1 channel. I think An Epics+SciFi/Fantasy+Monster/Suspense would be a good hat trick of thesmes.

I would actually like to see some real cartoon classics on Animania, and I could afford to lose Rave, NewsBytes, Rush (and even WorldSport for that matter).

Tim

Perhaps they have the room for HD channels but have no content to fill up that space other than what they currently have when it comes to HD. Perhaps in the future if more space is needed for HD and they do not have this space they would drop some of the less preferred channels or start merging some of them since I hear that they repeat a good bit and use the additional space for adding better HD content.

You'll be the judge of this lineup of movies on Cinema 10. It may look like I am attacking these 10 HD Movie Channels but I am just trying to give you what I think it's not a great line up of movies with a lot of repeats through out the month. Remember that these movies repeat all day long on each channel.

Attachments

• cinema.pdf
    11.9 KB · Views: 252
Since I just got this this weekend, I am still watching everything, but I can see that I am going to get board with the same movies over and over.

I like the idea of the monster/sci-fi combo, I could do without the epic's being in the trio, but don't mind them there either.

I think the idea behind the Cinema10 is good, but once a DVR comes out, they will be redundant and could be easily combined to 1.

I see no point in MOOV either. It is not even something you could put on as a background at a party.

I would like to see some animation on the animania channel, not cartoons and claymation...Lets see some disney, japanimation, even some Pixar stuff, rather than this cartoon contest reject stuff. The way things are now, I don't watch it much.

Sean,

I agree with your fundamental position that 24 HD channels overstates the true value proposition of the current Voom offerings.
In my opinion the current 24 HD channels could be comfortably reduced to 10 with little change in the value of the service. My 10 are based on the following:

Channel #........Value...............Recommendation

100....................0...........................Drop
101-110..............2..............Rotate movies on 2 channels
121-123..............3...........................Keep
124-130..............2..............Rotate programs on 2 channels
241-242..............2...........................Keep
601.....................1...........................Keep

Total 24...............10...............Provide prime Hd channels such as HBO, Starz, Bravo, INHD 1&2, HDNET &HDNET Movies, ESPNHD etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts