Voom at Sears ???

Kickor

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 4, 2003
Wilmington, NC
I've noticed many posts lamenting that Sears is the sole retail carrier for Voom and if memory serves ... their contract runs out soon (maybe the new year). As I happen to be an employee of Best Buy, I was dismayed that Sears somehow managed to land such a cutting edge digital subscription partnership.

My purpose for writing is that I have already forwarded information on Voom to my RVP and DM. I feel confident that Best Buy would be quite adept at promoting Voom (IMO) as we have a much larger selection of HDTVs than Sears and (in my experience) more knowledgeable Home Theater employees (I know some may disagree with that last part).

Let me know what you all think. I am aware that not everyone likes Best Buy (believe it or not this comes as a surprise to some GMs). Thanks.

Sears get's them all first. I remember when I was 12 Sears was the first to get HBO. HBO was only on for a couple hours back then but it sure was a big thing back in the day. Also if I'm right about this but wasn't Sears the first to get DirecTV?

I think both Best Buy and Circuit City have exclusive agreements with DirecTV. I know Echostar wants in those stores but is not allowed. So if E* can't I doubt V* can pull it off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts