voom bill

geomark

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 2, 2004
So do we still pay our voom bills? And when and if it gets taken over what happens next? Do we keep the satellites and just convert to dishnetwork? Are we going to lose the channels such as rave and worldsports.

I guess it remains to be seen...

Should you pay your bills? Robert Heitner posted a good answer to this question at Yahoo:

As long as you receive signal from Voom, you are obligated to pay your bill.
Failure to do so is called "Theft of Service"

As for what is going to happen in the future - no one really knows yet. So far, E* has only agreed to purchase the satellite, not customers, not channels. There are a lot of possible scenarios. Please read other threads in this forum to learn more about what may happen next. There is no shortage of rumors and speculations here...

Ilya said:
Should you pay your bills? Robert Heitner posted a good answer to this question at Yahoo:

As long as you receive signal from Voom, you are obligated to pay your bill.
Failure to do so is called "Theft of Service"

As for what is going to happen in the future - no one really knows yet. So far, E* has only agreed to purchase the satellite, not customers, not channels. There are a lot of possible scenarios. Please read other threads in this forum to learn more about what may happen next. There is no shortage of rumors and speculations here...

I STRONGLY suggest you pay your bill as long as you are contractually liable to Voom and they are still providing content. I work as a loan officer and see credit reports all day. If you want to see a huge decrease in your credit score, just get one little collection on your record and it will take a long time to get it off. No matter who was right or who was wrong. Guilty until proven innocent.

ddlsmith said:
I STRONGLY suggest you pay your bill as long as you are contractually liable to Voom and they are still providing content. I work as a loan officer and see credit reports all day. If you want to see a huge decrease in your credit score, just get one little collection on your record and it will take a long time to get it off. No matter who was right or who was wrong. Guilty until proven innocent.

I got my first bill a few days ago. It is due on the 10th. If they are still operating on that day I will pay the full amount of the bill, if not then I will call and ask that the bill be pro-rated for the days service was provided and pay that amount. I will also ask were they want their equipment sent.