Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Today is supposed to be the launch of the new VOOM HD MOVIES Channel, and this channel is supposed to replace World Cinema on Channel 9475.

So I was tuned into 9475 and it identified itself as Film Fest.

So I tuned to 9480 where Film Fest is supposed to be and there is what could be VOOM HD MOIVES (currently showing a Ben Stiller movie). The movie being show matches what the guide says on channel 9475.

Kind of strange to see that besides changing from World Cinema they also shuffled the channels.

Today is supposed to be the launch of the new VOOM HD MOVIES Channel, and this channel is supposed to replace World Cinema on Channel 9475.

So I was tuned into 9475 and it identified itself as Film Fest.

So I tuned to 9480 where Film Fest is supposed to be and there is what could be VOOM HD MOIVES (currently showing a Ben Stiller movie). The movie being show matches what the guide says on channel 9475.

Kind of strange to see that besides changing from World Cinema they also shuffled the channels.

Yes i noticed he same thing. For now all you can say is it is all messed up. During the couple of minutes that i watched of the stiller movie, i didnt see any voomhdmovies logo., but like you i did see the filmfest logo on 9475. Hopefully someone gets this straight soon or you now have 2 channels that are unwatchable due to guide errors.

Yes i noticed he same thing. For now all you can say is it is all messed up. During the couple of minutes that i watched of the stiller movie, i didnt see any voomhdmovies logo., but like you i did see the filmfest logo on 9475. Hopefully someone gets this straight soon or you now have 2 channels that are unwatchable due to guide errors.

The Voom HD Movies Logo is cool and was on before Permanent Midnight. Yes, the 2 channels are flipped/swapped which makes like no sense. Since WorldCinema was replaced by Voom HD Movies, not sure why they shuffled. They should have just left FilmFest on its normal channel.

Voom listings both online and in the EPG are horribly inaccurate. Animania seems to carry some old cartoons from my youth but whenever I turn it on it si showing something different than the guide suggests. I have found the same thing (although to a lesser extent) on several other channels.

i have even written them o a few occasions but never received a reply of any kind.

Voom has updated their "here's what's happening on another Voom HD Network" by replacing WorldCinema with Voom HD Movies. Saw it on Rush, Equator and Gallery. And yep, audio is static-y on Permanent Midnight (old World Cinema channel).

Hope E* fixes the channel shuffle soon, as i have timers i'm going to have to fix. They also need to change the channel designation from WORLD to VMOVIE, VMMOV, VOOMM, or whatever.

Checked channel/guide info at 11:55am....see no problem with current movies being shown. Checked audio on both services using component audio/DD optical & sounds clean.

So Voom just renamed WorldCinema to VoomMovie Channel? or is it a new channel with different kind of movies? So far from what i read....its seems that the same channel (filmfest) is being shown on two channels.

Ben Stiller?? Are they replacing world cinema with Hollywood movies now?

Voom has turned into a waste of bandwidth. My opinion. I seriously tried to love it and embrace it but Voom let me down by not have enough content to justify the monthly cost. Luckily Dish made it so I could drop Voom and save $10.00 a month for something better.

Looking down the FilmFest schedule last night, it looked like FilmFest was showing stuff from World Cinema as well as FilmFest. They were still repeating the movies a lot.

Just previewed voom hd movies on their website looks like alot of hollywood movies from the past will be showing up......There are some good classics out their not being shown uncut! I hope they keep a variety and not repeat to much.

So Voom just renamed WorldCinema to VoomMovie Channel? or is it a new channel with different kind of movies?

Basically they removed one of the most unique VOOM channels that was showing the greatest movies from arround the world in HD (some of them not available in HD anywhere else) and replaced it with just another Hollywood channel, that is currently showing a Ben Stiller movie in what looks to me as an upconverted SD. Thanks VOOM! :rolleyes:

Uh oh... does all this shifting of channel numbers also automatically change any potential DVR schedules? I think I have 2 or 3 movies set to record in the next week. I better go check em out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)