VOOM Coming to Verizon FiOS TV (Confirmed)?

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
Ok, the following site, HDTVTECHNO, states they have confirmed that VOOM HD and other HD channels are coming to FiOS TV. I am unfamiliar with this site so I am wondering if this is a credible source? Here is the link and relevant text:

http://www.hdtvtechno.com/dbslineup.htm

Current Verizon FiOS TV Channel Lineup

ESPN-HD
ESPN2-HD
Discovery-HD
Unviersal HD
TNT-HD
HDNET
HDNET Movies
WealthTV
MTV HD

Available with subscription to specific movie package:

HBO-HD
Showtime-HD
Cinemax-HD
Starz-HD
TMC-HD

NFL Network HDTV

Future Plans (Confirmed)

All Voom HD Channels
HGTV-HD
Food Network-HD
National Geographic HD
And Much More... Stay tuned...

haven't seen any press release but may HDTVTECHNO could chime in here. If true it is good news to FIOS as they continue to surprise me even more.

I have not been following Voom but isn't it owned by Dish now? If it is then I can't see Dish providing the channels to Verizon. But if it makes a few bucks for Dish then it's possible.

Dish dosen't own VoOm, they are still owned by Cablevision. Dish only invested in the company by becoming a shareholder, anybody can do that!

As always this isn't confirmed but that lineup is exactly what I'm hearing is coming very very soon. I'm also hearing that InHD, InHD2 and all the sports packages (except NFL Sunday Ticket) will be coming before the summer as well. So I think we all will have a very nice FIOS TV HD lineup and once the sports packages are offered all HDTV games available today and into the future for these packages can and will be offered at no extra charge if you order the sports package for those games.

So if you order MLB Extra Innings any and all HDTV games available will be offered at no extra charge for FIOS TV MLB Extra Innings subscribers. Verizon is working with the various Fox Sports Networks along with other providers to offer at least 5-10 games in HDTV each week for each of the sports packages. Many things will be changing very soon for us HDTV buffs. One of the reasons Comcast wants to go all digital/digital switching technology is so they can also offer all of those HDTV feeds for those sports subscriptions to compete with Verizon FIOS TV. Bright House Networks in the Tampa Bay Area also happens to be looking at getting digital video switching hardware in place to prepare for the massive onslaught once FIOS TV becomes available in much of Pinellas County in the next couple of years. Clearwater, Largo, Pinellas Park, St. Pete and Seminole will be the main focus for FIOS rollouts. This means that most workers will be put in these areas for the next two years even though other areas will have work done they won't get as much done as in these select cities.

dragon002 said:
longhorn, you did say "at least 2 years" correct?

I'm hearing it will take about 2-4 years total until every customer in all of Pinellas County has access to FIOS TV. I would expect Largo, Seminole and Pinellas Park to be done before the others as these cities aren't as big in size as the others. Even if you get access to Verizon FIOS that doesn't mean you can get access to the video services as a franchise agreement still needs to be done. Also I have got word that at least in Largo Verizon has started talks with the city of Largo about obtaining a franchise agreement to offer TV service to all Largo residents so it would seem that because Largo is the smallest city (size wise) they would try and get TV service here first. I've talked to the Mayor of Largo and the gist is that they have been dealing with so many complaints about Bright House Networks that they feel Verizon can force BHN to get off their behinds as they are sick of doing the work for BHN.

This means in simple terms that Largo is saying bring Verizon FIOS TV on. That is very good news as I indeed live in Largo and I currently am lucky enough to have FIOS internet service (one of very very very few Largo residents to be this lucky) but I cannot get FIOS TV service yet unless one of two things occur. Florida lets Verizon have a statewide franchise agreement or the City of Largo gives Verizon a franchise agreement. Until one of those two things occur I cannot enjoy this great TV service provider.

Who really cares! Ive seen every single thing they have shown on the 10 Voom channels that we currently have.

dragon002 said:
longhorn,,

this "GREAT" tv provider? and you dont have it?????

Hey don't piss me off now okay...LOL. I'm all about picture quality on both SD and HD and right now the only thing close on this is Bright House Networks. But they don't have ESPN HD, Cinemax HD, TMC HD, Starz HD, NFL Network HD, MTV HD or many other HD channels. They don't offer an all digital lineup and they don't offer nearly as many SD channels either. They don't offer Starz On Demand either. Right now I've been ticked as hell that I have fiber in my house but cannot get this better TV service and cheaper service offering. If you had to settle with a more expensive horrid offering from your cable company when something better and I mean way better and cheaper could be available to you with just a stupid franchise agreement. Do you know how much that can tick you off knowing you have this damn fiber right next to your house but a stupid franchise agreement is the only reason you can to pay more for less. That just ticks me off to no end.

By the way I wasn't saying that you said this but I needed to vent this one as I see Verizon doing more on these fronts in six months compared to watching BHN not do anything for five years now.

StevenD said:
Who really cares! Ive seen every single thing they have shown on the 10 Voom channels that we currently have.

Who cares that you have seen everything Voom has to offer. Also in about a month something new will be on Voom so you wouldn't have seen everything. I can see these voom channels getting better and better and as such I would want them. Also what is wrong with wanting a provider to offer you everything available in HDTV even if some of it may be junk. Hey if tons and tons of providers offer a junk channel suite maybe with all that extra money these channels would make they might spend that profit for better content and programming. Without carriage it will stay junk or worse be off the air but with carriage you have hope that things will improve as more money can be spent for improvements.

longhorn,

voom is no longer around,,, you should be referring to it as the "dolan no brain endless loop"

now lets kill the patriots avatar guy for inciting this thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we can agree that directv is the best, the steelers will win and hillary is done (and she is) kerry is an ass and teddy is a murderer and a drunK.....so mr patriot fan.....how does it feel!!!

Smthkd said:
Dish dosen't own VoOm, they are still owned by Cablevision. Dish only invested in the company by becoming a shareholder, anybody can do that!

Relax dude. That is why I said I have not been following Voom because I didn't know for sure and asked the question.

dragon002 said:
longhorn,

voom is no longer around,,, you should be referring to it as the "dolan no brain endless loop"

now lets kill the patriots avatar guy for inciting this thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we can agree that directv is the best, the steelers will win and hillary is done (and she is) kerry is an ass and teddy is a murderer and a drunK.....so mr patriot fan.....how does it feel!!!

I won't agree that DirecTV is the best and your other comments I would rather not answer as I don't want to start that war. By the way your getting very annoying you know that. Also I knew that Voom the satellite company is no longer around as I was a subscriber to them from the first day. See when you can spend 10+ grand on an HDTV and spend upfront 500+ bucks for an HD box and pay over 300 bucks a month for services from two different companies we tend to have a way to compare the various offerings. I at one time had DirecTV, Dish Network and Bright House Networks services so I could view HDTV programming quality from all three and you could see that DirecTV was the worst no doubt. Right now I have Bright House Networks and Dish Network at the moment so I can view the Voom channels and they are decent but again I would like to have them on one provider that has everything as I hate switching between boxes and inputs.

You can have your opinion but state is as an opinion as the facts are that DirecTV is reducing their picture quality. We don't like people misleading other readers about a service based on an opinion when the facts tell another story. Again this is your opinion and please state it that way and not as facts. We are stating the facts and yes some people won't notice a difference or they won't care but that still doesn't change the facts.

Monday January 30th Broadcast Networks HDTV Program Guide!

Questions for Mark Cuban?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)