VOOM convert - NEED Help with using Senar II with DishNet to get OTA HD

ryounglaw

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2005
I am a VOOM convert. I need some help using my Winegard Sensar II (VOOM OTA) with the DishNet hookup. My set up:

I have the Super Dish with ONE 811 Receiver. The Dish had the three cables coming from it to the multi-switch (Dish Network DP-34 Switch) Link to multi switch

http://www.merchantamerica.com/utahsatellite/index.php?ba=product_enlarge&product=13943 .

The Multi then takes the signal to my house/TV. What I was planning on doing is taking a diplexer and putting on the out side of the Multi and then putting another diplexer before the TV. I cannot put the diplexer before the multi because there are three cables coming form the dish. Does anyone know if this will work? Does anyone have any experience with this set up? Also, if anyone knows – will I have to amp the Sensar II and in that case is it easier to just run another cable from the OTA directly into an amp then the receiver.

Thanks

Ryan

i'm in the same boat

i'm getting dishnet today: dish 500 sat, dish 811 rec, & dish 522 rec. I would like to keep the voom winegard sensar II for the dish setup. I've been hearing a lot of problems with the hookups (diplexer, combiner, multiswitch). I'm wondering the dish installer can hook it up properly. I will let you know.

thanks - let me know what happens - I think he will have to run another cable with an amp - thats what I think I am going to do. I will wait to here

let me know what happens - I am curious to see how he does it - I think I am going to end up running another cable and amping the signal. It seems to be the best way to do it without signal loss. Let me know - i will wait to hear.

Ryan

no local hd signals!!!

I got dish today, I told the installer to connect my voom winegard sensar to their dish setup. He said it will cost about $60 to do it. So he took off the voom multiswitch (winegard model VM-3400) and then place a very simple diplexer to connect the satellite feed and the antenna feed and place another diplexer on the end of dish 811 rec. When he scan for the digital channels, nothing but pbs came up. I told him that when i had voom I had every local hd channel except for fox b/c fox in austin doesn't broadcast full power until july. He tried scanning it again but nothing. He checked wires again to see if it was correct and still nothing. I asked him if the antenna was still powered or amplified and he say that this was a non-amplified antenna, which i know it wasn't. Since he could not fix it , he gave back my $$$ for antenna installation and told me to go radio shack for power supply or a signal booster. I am very pissed off b/c i was told that by dishnet that their installers had the capabilities to connect voom antennas with theirs.

ryounglaw said:
I am a VOOM convert. I need some help using my Winegard Sensar II (VOOM OTA) with the DishNet hookup. My set up:

I have the Super Dish with ONE 811 Receiver. The Dish had the three cables coming from it to the multi-switch (Dish Network DP-34 Switch) Link to multi switch

http://www.merchantamerica.com/utahsatellite/index.php?ba=product_enlarge&product=13943 .

The Multi then takes the signal to my house/TV. What I was planning on doing is taking a diplexer and putting on the out side of the Multi and then putting another diplexer before the TV. I cannot put the diplexer before the multi because there are three cables coming form the dish. Does anyone know if this will work? Does anyone have any experience with this set up? Also, if anyone knows – will I have to amp the Sensar II and in that case is it easier to just run another cable from the OTA directly into an amp then the receiver.

Thanks

Ryan
i finally got my local hd channels back, what I did was I ran a separate coax from the antenna to the winegard power supply (model# ps-9370) and then a coax to the receiver. All of the signals comes in at over 90%.

thanks, thats what I plan to do. It seems like the most direct way and gives the least signal degradation. Thanks for the tip my 9370 is on the way. by the way what did you pay.
thanks
Ryan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)