Voom D* 200$ Rebate

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
nope. And now a CSR is saying I wont get it either since I was a previous customer after two CSR's told me I would before I sent it in.:rolleyes: Theres no mention of that on the rebate form and there was no mention of the requirement on their website when this started.

I got mine last week!

I just may go buy an SD Tivo for our bedroom with it part of it today - I have a 10% off coupon from Best Buy that is screaming "use me!"... :)

Go to the TIVO forum and pick one up cheap and give them my referal number when you activate it please.. R4221729 I can use the points. TIA
I could have got you one for free a week ago.

I got my $200 about 2 weeks ago. Vurbano, you should really argue your way up the chain. You are right, the offer said nothing about excluding previous customers therefore they are in breach of the agreement.

Plywodstatebum said:
Has anyone that switched from Voom to D* ever received there 200$ rebate that they offered us? I sent my info in in April and still haven't heard anything. :confused:

I had D* installed om 4/28.
Got bill from D* and mailed in rebate forms for VOOM $200 and DVR $50 rebates on May 6.
Had both checks before end of May.
Converted to cash at local bank so don't have exact date of receipt.
I remember the check number was in the lower 200's for the VOOM rebate.
It appeared there had been a special account set up for the VOOM rebates.

Ricknau said:
I got my $200 about 2 weeks ago. Vurbano, you should really argue your way up the chain. You are right, the offer said nothing about excluding previous customers therefore they are in breach of the agreement.
When I questioned the idiot CSR further he siad the matter was being forwarded up. WHo knows what will happen:confused::rolleyes:

charper1 said:
I assumed instead of SD TiVo, that he may have meant stand-alone (SA) TiVo, but I could be wrong.
No, bad wording on my part - I mean a DirecTivo.

I had a stand-alone Tivo before I got DirecTV, but it's kind of dumb to spend $12.95/mo for that now when I can get as many DirecTivos as we want for $4.99. We already have a DirecTivo in our living room, but eventually I want to add them to the bedrooms too (where we just have standard receivers now).

And Robert, I didn't spend the money yesterday - the Best Buy coupon went to waste. So down the road, I'll be giving you a call to upgrade those receivers. When are the 'non-Tivo' versions coming out? I want to make sure we get the Tivo models since we all know the Tivo GUI already... The 5 year old has already been trained! :)

This was the reply from the email I sent D*

Thank you for writing about your DIRECTV account. I apologize for any confusion that this issue may have caused. Please be aware that this promotion is only available for new customers. In review of your information, I see that you reactivated your account on April 21. This means that you are ineligible for the Voom rebate.

If you have any additional questions about your account, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-531-5000 and we will be happy to assist you.

Plywodstatebum said:
This was the reply from the email I sent D*

Thank you for writing about your DIRECTV account. I apologize for any confusion that this issue may have caused. Please be aware that this promotion is only available for new customers. In review of your information, I see that you reactivated your account on April 21. This means that you are ineligible for the Voom rebate.

If you have any additional questions about your account, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-531-5000 and we will be happy to assist you.

Keep hounding them. Tell them no where on the form does it say anything about being a first time customer and at the time that verbage wasnt on their website. In my case a CSR confirmed I would be eligible before I bought my HDtivo. They sent me an email saying that the matter was being forwarded for further review. I still think Im screwed though. Looks like we are in the same boat. What really sucks is that I had to request a 1 year commitment to fulfill this "scam" offer and get NOTHING out of it. Typically a 1 yr commitment is accompainied by some kind of $150-$200 discount even for existing customers. Here is the last email recieved:

"Thanks for writing. I have forwarded your message to the appropriate department for further review. Thanks for your patience while we look into this further.

Sincerely,

Adrian
DIRECTV Customer Service"

Yes I'm going to call tomorrow and tell them that they didn't state on the forum, that you had to be a new customer, and that was the only reason I went with D* instead of E* so I could get some of the money back from the POS H-10 receiver.

I can't tell you the kind of hassle I am getting from D* trying to get my rebate. I sent out my form in April as well, and at the end of June I started calling them to inquire. I was on the phone with them twice a week trying to locate the whereabouts of my rebate......this went on for a month. Finally, last week, they sent me an envelope with another blank rebate form inside (no note saying, "We apologize for losing your first one......or making you wait three months.....or for any inconvenience......please fill this out again and re-send it"......that would be too professional for these idiots). So I got the hint and re-sent it on Tuesday. We'll see how badly they screw it up this time. Who knows when it will come.

I just get really iritated thinking about it. They said you should receive it in 6-8 weeks, and I've heard of people getting it back in as little as two weeks. I'm going on 4 months and still no money. I hate my local cable company with a passion too (hence going with D*), but I'm ready to cancel with these guys just out of spite. Between this and the fact that I can't get my locals in HD which were being promised, it's just about enough to push me over the edge.

Thanks for letting me rant.......good luck in getting your money......I'll let you know when (and if...) these cheeseballs send me the dough they promised.

Take care....

Andy

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)