VOOM Deinstall -- What I Got To Keep

txcruiser

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 26, 2004
I thought it was interesting that my deinstaller let me keep everything except for my 3 STBs and remotes.
This included all cables (component, dvi, phone, etc...), VOOM Dish, and upgraded OTA antenna w/amp.
The whole deinstall took 5 minutes. All he had to do was write up the serial numbers on the workorder. He mentioned that is deinstalling VOOM alot more than he is installing it these days.

txcruiser said:
I thought it was interesting that my deinstaller let me keep everything except for my 3 STBs and remotes.
This included all cables (component, dvi, phone, etc...), VOOM Dish, and upgraded OTA antenna w/amp.
The whole deinstall took 5 minutes. All he had to do was write up the serial numbers on the workorder. He mentioned that is deinstalling VOOM alot more than he is installing it these days.

HE may be deinstalling but it is not voom cause i see ever install that is done here in indy on the QC form and i might have 2 maybe 3 in a week sometime in 2 weeks He don't know what he is talking about and most of the deinstalls are with customer that are not get all the locals they want

I have been wondering also what the de-installer will leave should I be forced to give up VOOM. The guy who did my antenna upgrade put up a fairly large antenna mounted on a 35' pole he put in the ground, I am wondering if they will go through the trouble to get that bad boy down. It would be nice if I got to keep it but I wouldn't hold my breath. If I do have to cancel I am going to try and talk VOOM into letting me keep it if I give them some money, I don't know if they let you buy out your antenna or not, I know they will let you buy out your receivers if you lease them.

kaw

To be more specific, when the local company called me to confirm the appt they asked me at that time if I wanted to just keep the dish, the antenna, or both. $$$ was never discussed. I said both. So the workorder the deinstaller had with him was written up to leave both. And that's exactly what he did. Hopefully, if you decide to leave Voom, you will at least have something to show for it.

txcruiser said:
To be more specific, when the local company called me to confirm the appt they asked me at that time if I wanted to just keep the dish, the antenna, or both. $$$ was never discussed. I said both. So the workorder the deinstaller had with him was written up to leave both. And that's exactly what he did. Hopefully, if you decide to leave Voom, you will at least have something to show for it.
Voom will probably just bill you for it later! :eek:

Voom needs to put people on contracts they are wasting so much money doing deinstalls. This is how D* and E* keep people from switching so often they have them for at least a year or they ruin their credit.

Don't Forget People VOOM Dose'nt Need That 18" Dish Because They Will Be Obsolete After Oct. 1 When The Second Sat. Comes Online.
There Will Be Two East Coast Sat.s & Two West Coast Sat.s & Both Will Require Two LNBs & A Bigger Dish.

Dvlos said:
Voom needs to put people on contracts they are wasting so much money doing deinstalls. This is how D* and E* keep people from switching so often they have them for at least a year or they ruin their credit.
I agree! I am not a fan of long term contracts, and I may never have signed up for VOOM service if they forced the issue, but they are bleeding MonstersHD red all over themselves with the free install/no contract deal.

Hey VOOM...how 'bout a free install/1 year lease deal? Heck, you'll even save some of us a few $$$ in taxes!!! :)

kawdog said:
I have been wondering also what the de-installer will leave should I be forced to give up VOOM. The guy who did my antenna upgrade put up a fairly large antenna mounted on a 35' pole he put in the ground, I am wondering if they will go through the trouble to get that bad boy down. It would be nice if I got to keep it but I wouldn't hold my breath. If I do have to cancel I am going to try and talk VOOM into letting me keep it if I give them some money, I don't know if they let you buy out your antenna or not, I know they will let you buy out your receivers if you lease them.

kaw

i can tell you that all they want is the receiver and remote the only way they want anything else is that you request the tech to take it down

How can they let you keep it and still stay in business? It probably cost them $400 just to get my upgrade (four installer trips and antenna) and then they just let you keep it? I love VOOM but I don't see how they can do this and stay in business. The last guy who did my upgrade took my Winegard Sensar II, he said he didn't know what to do with them but he takes them in case VOOM asks for them back, he said he has a pile of them at his shop.

kaw

txcruiser said:

They are probably letting you keep it because they know you will be back as soon as you realize how sorry DTV and Dishnetwork are and you are now sorry that you even considered ditching Voom. Your HDTV now hates you!! :mad:

r.jones1116 said:
They are probably letting you keep it because they know you will be back as soon as you realize how sorry DTV and Dishnetwork are and you are now sorry that you even considered ditching Voom. Your HDTV now hates you!! :mad:

Far from the truth...
I had E* and now I have cable...Yes cable.... I recorded an HDTV movie on my HD-DVR on STARZ this morning while it was even raining outside! I'm now watching the Olympics in HDTV also recorded in HDTV!

wbuffetta said:
Don't Forget People VOOM Dose'nt Need That 18" Dish Because They Will Be Obsolete After Oct. 1 When The Second Sat. Comes Online.
There Will Be Two East Coast Sat.s & Two West Coast Sat.s & Both Will Require Two LNBs & A Bigger Dish.

Oct. 1 is exactly 6 weeks from today. If that's the day when the 18" dishes become obsolete, then that's the day 99% of us won't be able to receive a Voom satellite transmission. Some folks are waiting close to that just to get their initial install! So, when's the real date the second satellite comes online?

r.jones1116 said:

or because they will have no value at Voom's fire sale.

txcruiser said:
Far from the truth...
I had E* and now I have cable...Yes cable.... I recorded an HDTV movie on my HD-DVR on STARZ this morning while it was even raining outside! I'm now watching the Olympics in HDTV also recorded in HDTV!

You now have how many HD channels to choose from??? :yes
Rain has never been a big issue with me. I live in Chas., SC and we have some bada$$ thunderstorms. Loose signal 5 to 10 minutes max. The Olympics are a joke! Why waste the HD space on your PVR. :eek:

r.jones1116 said:
You now have how many HD channels to choose from??? :yes
Rain has never been a big issue with me. I live in Chas., SC and we have some bada$$ thunderstorms. Loose signal 5 to 10 minutes max. The Olympics are a joke! Why waste the HD space on your PVR. :eek:

HD-TV is a heck of alot more useful to me if I can RECORD it.

Quality HDTV is more important to me than Quantity HDTV.

Let's see my current HD lineup..

Fox - I'm all set to go...waiting on Fox
ABC
NBC
CBS
PBS
INHD 1
INHD 2
ESPNHD
STARZ HD - absolutely free for 6 months then $5 a month for the next 6
months
Showtime HD - $2 a month for Showtime for the next 6 months.
HBO HD - $2 a month for HBO for the next 6 months.

I'm guess I'm wasting my HD DVR space on the Olympics because I can.

txcruiser said:
Quality HDTV is more important to me than Quantity HDTV.

Let's see my current HD lineup..

Fox - I'm all set to go...waiting on Fox
ABC
NBC
CBS
PBS
INHD 1
INHD 2
ESPNHD
STARZ HD - absolutely free for 6 months then $5 a month for the next 6
months
Showtime HD - $2 a month for Showtime for the next 6 months.
HBO HD - $2 a month for HBO for the next 6 months.

I'm guess I'm wasting my HD DVR space on the Olympics because I can.
Where does the quality HD come into play? It looks to me like you don't even have 1/3 of the Voom HD line up. INHD 1 & 2 is just another repetitive HD channel. You don't think Voom will have a DVR available soon?

Well, I guess it was your choice, good or bad.

They let me keep my antenna as well, they even gave me a new power inserter for it.

r.jones1116 said:
Where does the quality HD come into play? It looks to me like you don't even have 1/3 of the Voom HD line up. INHD 1 & 2 is just another repetitive HD channel. You don't think Voom will have a DVR available soon?

Well, I guess it was your choice, good or bad.

You got me, I don't have MOOV or that auction channel or the fashion channel, etc.... (Channels that I never watched anyway) Monsters was the only channel I watched on any regular basis.

INHD 1 just happens to show MLB 3 times a week. Funny that I got the see that Florida / San Diego game last night on that "repetitive" HD channel. From all the postings last night it looks like VOOM can't decide who got to see it on their "new" rsn channel that popped up yesterday.

I think VOOM will have to produce a DVR (and soon) to stay afloat. Last I heard it was Jan 2005 and pricing was still undetermined. I was already paying a high price and another price increase looming in January without even knowing the DVR cost isn't a good business practice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)