Just got a call from Voom in which I was told Voom won't end at the end of the month.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a difference between this shutdown and the one two months ago. Two months ago. Everything was going to shut down and the VOOM 21 was to be no more.

This time The board voted to shut down the Satellite service but gave a directive to market the VOOM 21. That is a big difference. Combined with Sean's rumor factory about a possible deal with E* to be announced next week ( or maybe today?), something is in the wind. Why would they even send a reporter and expend the cost of uplinks from Room to do the Pope's funeral. Lot of expense unless you are trying to prove something to someone.

I guess I don't think the story is over but VOOM as we know it will not be the same. That i DO Believe.

Since PQ is a major factor for me I noted that the old pq seemed to be back on all channels. wonder if they went back to the old encoders. Also DVI is not working as well as it did just 48 hours ago. Something is happening. I don't think the entire story is yet told. We might be just changing a fat lady for a tenor.

Radicalman said:
Hopefully, DirectTV will purchase the Voom satellite and help us out.
Maybe you didn't notice, but E* bought the satellite from CVC, pending FCC approval.

Maybe Charles will purchase the Voom programming and customer base and start a new DBS ala Voom part 2. I guess he could use AMG 6 Rainbow 2. Or maybe I'm way off base or it could be all this up and down that my brain has been badly bruised.

Sad to say we just got off the phone with a voom rep and our distributor.. and basically said voom is shut down and nothing is in the works and chuck is being sued by CV for millions of dollars for breach of contract regarding CV operations

bone74 said:
Sad to say we just got off the phone with a voom rep and our distributor.. and basically said voom is shut down and nothing is in the works and chuck is being sued by CV for millions of dollars for breach of contract regarding CV operations
I seriously doubt a CSR is going to know anything about lawsuits and legal proceedings...especially since these people are outsourced.

wasnt a csr... voom management

not happy about it either... however i hope he is wrong .... hoping for the besthe sent us email this morning saying he will be out of the office til monday and then he calls on a three way with our distrib..... i feel kinda jerked around... was waiting for some kind of confirmation.. now i got it and still kind of hoping for the best

juan said:
Nothing differenT?? this time it was a UNANIMOUS vote by the cablevision board to shut voom down.. Last time I thought it was a split vote

Nothing different as in the redirect of the website. Did I talk about the board meeting? short answer: No! Just read the post and look at the context before you comment.

I am not giving up. In this league we are talking about hardball. There are.more than likely, negotiations going on. They may have stalled, and Cablevision is now saying: "rather than accept your deal, we will shut it down". It is a poker game, and sadly, employees and subs are mere chips in the game.

It may be the end, but I believe more can still happen that we all would consider a favorable outcome.

my installer just now called to confirm an install they said they got the equipment in so they could be out here tomorrow to do it instead of monday...

I said that is fine...I guess I will see what happens when he gets here and tries to activate it.

I just had my Voom receiver swapped out about an hour ago to try and fix the optical out port going off and on. The install of the new receiver went fine, no problem activating.

How long would it take Voom to swap there old dishes for the new Rainbow2 dishes? I don't think it's going to happen but just what do they CSR mean when they say Transitional Period? Or is this just something they need to tell all of us Subs?

seandudley said:
I just had my Voom receiver swapped out about an hour ago to try and fix the optical out port going off and on. The install of the new receiver went fine, no problem activating.

I don't think it was your receiver as mine is doing the same thing--I had a service call scheduled for Apr 19, but doubt it will occur.

I think it is just the death throws of VOOM--others may be having the same problem.

I suspect that the CSR is not informed of the latest news yet and the "Transitional Period" referred to the one that ended yesterday. Let's face it. VOOM is dead, it's time to move on.

Voom4Me said:
Reports are coming in all over the forum about Voom CSR claiming that everything is business as usual and NOT to consider the Web Site just yet. They keep stressing a Transitional Period!

I have an upgrade scheduled for this Tuesday and CS assured me that it would take place, and that I could take the day off from work without worrying.

We’ve gone through all of this before, including the Voom Web Site announcing the end, but we (the customers) never got an official announcement from Voom and everything has continued business as usual, so until we get an official word from Voom, addressed to its customers, I wont throw in the towel. :D

Sorry to burst your bubble but I received a phone call from a woman claiming to be Charlene at Voom. She told me Voom is shutting down this month and that I needed to be looking for service elsewhere. I'm just passing along the info that I was given.

Voom4Me said:
Reports are coming in all over the forum about Voom CSR claiming that everything is business as usual and NOT to consider the Web Site just yet. They keep stressing a Transitional Period!

I have an upgrade scheduled for this Tuesday and CS assured me that it would take place, and that I could take the day off from work without worrying.

We’ve gone through all of this before, including the Voom Web Site announcing the end, but we (the customers) never got an official announcement from Voom and everything has continued business as usual, so until we get an official word from Voom, addressed to its customers, I wont throw in the towel. :D
Well I just cancelled and the CSR thought I leased my equipment and she said all installations, deinstallations and technical issues can no longer be scheduled.

This thread is from early this morning and things has change a lot this this thread was start can one of the mod. close this please.

tyork

Status
Not open for further replies.