Where is the Press release? VOOM offically dead or is this speculation?

freezetime

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
Huntington Beach, CA
I just came on these boards and I am reading VOOM is shutting down the 30th? I have not seen a link to a website or a press release. Do I make plans to get cable?? What the hell is going on?

Plus if you go to: www.Voom.com you will see they have ceased to take orders and began the shutdown progress. The website has a message saying that its pretty much over!

Oh ok thanks for the link. It's a shame that VOOM was ahead of it's time. I really dug the menus, controller and of course HD offerings. I will always have the memory though.

press release

NEW YORK -- Cablevision Systems Corp., a New York area cable TV provider, said it would proceed with a shutdown of its money-losing satellite TV venture called Voom.

In a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission released early Friday, Cablevision said the service would no longer be available to customers as of April 30.

The move represented a defeat for Cablevision's chairman and founder Charles Dolan, who had championed the service. His son James, Cablevision's CEO, had sided with board members who opposed it, leading to a bitter family feud.

Investors, who had long been skeptical about Voom's prospects, applauded the company's belated move to exit the satellite business, sending Cablevision's shares up 25 cents. or 1%, to $28.09 in midday trading on the New York Stock Exchange.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts