Common sense says VOOM/HD Select is not dead!

Jamey K said:
Cancellation order has not gone through yet. I'm finding it very depressing watching promos on VOOM for their upcoming shows.

I know what you mean. Watching those promos now seems to really rub salt in the old wounds.

This weekend they ran Exodus, Dead Man and the Last Waltz. All very fitting titles. :mad:

I'm still a Dish HD customer, I may have my roommate call as a new customer and get the 922 and the top 60 pack so I can have a PVR. He watches on a 27" TV so I need a SD pack for him. It would be nice to have the PVR in my HT and feed the second output to his TV.

Speculation.....

If nothing else this just proves that anything is possible.

Thinking strictly from the gut I think that C Dolan had to fall on his sword for a couple of reasons. One, CVC is still his company though James runs it day to day. With all the shenanigans going on with the board and the alleged attempt by Charles to renege on the deal to sell the sat to Echostar, IMHO, CVC was looking to take on too much risk with the SEC. Two, he sees that you cannot attempt to run two separate but competing enterprises with the same company. Too much conflict of interest especially for a public company. :(

From all I've learned about Charles Dolan on this sight and in recent media articles, I believe he will start another pay tv company and make HD content it's focus. And I think it will be in the near future. At least that's my hope. :)

Also, I've read some articles about the Verizon plans for pay tv over their fiber network. Hopefully the FCC will allow 3rd party companies to use the backbone of that network to keep prices competitive. Remember what Ma Bell was like before deregulation. Let's not go there again. Not at today's prices! :eek:

you could get the 942 model it has 3 tuners in 1, HD you can use, there's a second output for your friend and both can use the tuner or hard disk to view programming as for the ota stuff only can see it on the hd tv. BTW whats the deal with the 922 you can get one free if you sub for a year?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)