VOOM and Tupperware--what's in common as to promotion?

bookwalk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
I just finally got VOOM installed and my husband has been talking it up at work and with neighbors--we have a lineup of people to come over and watch it--even in our nearest city that is the largest in the state, there is NO place to watch VOOM on a large HDTV.

We have a SONY 42" LCD Projector and all VOOM programming is awesome. So, we will promote, promote, promote--if we can be assured all our friends will get the same (2nd, not the 1st) installer we got.

We will have VOOM (not Tupperware parties)--it will sell itself. A lot of babyboomers our age are at the age where they can afford VOOM, an HDTV and have extra time to devote to quality TV watching.

So, please VOOM--keep up the quality content--not just visual, but subject matter. DON"T dilute the SD PQ--some channels are worse than others, but not as bad as D* or DTv--some are even better than our C-band satellite (analog) because it goes throug the DV cable.

I need to find out where I can get a bunch of VOOM material to have on hand when we start our stream of VOOM parties. There are no VOOM stores (like there were no Tupperware stores), but "if we build it, they will come" soooo, VOOM Field of Dreams--keep the channels coming and the GOOD installers.

Just do not sacrifice quality for quantity, please.

Well, time to start my invitation list, dates, popcorn and program picks for my party list.

Everyone knows what happened to Tupperware when it started out--a little here, a little there--it's a name brand, just like Kleenex, so instead of
Little Dishes, it will always be VOOM when people think of HDTV.

good luck on your voom parties,

AHH, raid the local Sears shop. Their bound to have some pamplets, since they don't really promote Voom from what I understand. Here where I live, I was in front of the Voom monitor watching tv for about 10 minutes atleast and no one took time to even try to talk to me. What gives?

Oh well, I start vooming at the end of March

Good going bookwalk!! Hope you all have a total blast! @party
party01.gif

party01.gif

danielle_s, I had the same experience at Sears, but that was back in November of '03, when VOOM just started. Unfortunately, from what I see posted here and there, the situation hasn't improved much at Sears, so that might, indeed be a good source for materials! :)

Bookwalk, if you can't commandeer any materials from Sears, why not just ask VOOM?? Don't know what the outcome would be, but it wouldn't take much to send an email and ask! :D Vicki

Good news and bad news...

zombie said:
Sounds about right. mine arrived about 2 days after i requested it.
I ordered mine when I ordered the re-install, early in February. It just came in the mail today. The good news is that the contest to win an HDTV after you install the CD has been extended to December 31, 2005! :D :D Prior expiration was February 28th!

The bad news is that when I tried to install it on my computer (a requirement to try to win the HDTV), it claimed it was "loading" for about two hours, and never did install. But it could be my computer, and not VOOM's CD. I called customer service, and they said to just stop it and try to install again. Haven't tried again yet. Will post if it succeeds. Vicki

VOOM at Sears

danielle_s said:
good luck on your voom parties,

AHH, raid the local Sears shop. Their bound to have some pamplets, since they don't really promote Voom from what I understand. Here where I live, I was in front of the Voom monitor watching tv for about 10 minutes atleast and no one took time to even try to talk to me. What gives?

Oh well, I start vooming at the end of March

I will raid the Sears store--but their pamphlets are out-of-date, I think. Same problem here--it's only playing on a small 17" monitor and probably not hooked up through the DVI--that's a must to see the true PQ.

I think there is some sort of D* and DT conspiracy--we could not, in our largest city in the state, find anywhere where VOOM was being demo'd in large-screen. Former dealers said--"Oh, VOOM has been bought out, so we don't carry it anymore" That's a very sad, uninformed story.

So, it's basically, word of mouth and VOOM (like Tupperware) parties.

VOOM could give an incentive to VOOM owners who promote and help sell their product. Perhaps one month free for every customer (or every 5) who signs up with VOOM based on their referral--or something like that?

The big difference between Voom and Tupperware: With Tupperware you get what you pay for and it works as advertised.

DarrellP, I'm curious if you have ever been to a Tupperware party?

Still enjoying HDTV under clear (but a week of rain promised!) Seattle skies, Gill

Hell yes, my Mom used to sell the stuff. Expensive as hell but a damned good product.

Do they even make tupperware anymore? We've been using rubbermaid for so long I just assumed tupperware was gone.

To try to stay on topic ;) I've showed people my voom since it was installed, but still no takers. They have all been impressed with the picture, but not happy with the lack of many common SD channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)