SONY and VOOM

bruce said:
Sony makes D* STB units, D* will never allow it and Motorola does make good units and a lot of probllems people have with STBs is because of software, not just hardware.
Motorola builds its stuff in China. I prefer to support Japan. The ols saying money talks..... Well imagine if Sony built all of Voom receivers. D* probably doesn't have enough influence to stop that. D* does not own Sony. Sony, just like hookers, are out for the money. :shocked

The Sony DTV Receivers that I have looked inside of were made by the same mfg. that made Hughes just different cases and software.

BryanSR

The SONY HD STB's (HD200, HD300) where rebranded units manufactured by LG Electronics (Korea)

The same units where sold under the Zenith brand as well.

007BlackMan said:
Stevesmall you could be right about my friend subscribing to Comcast HD. I just went to my cable company website and they offer Comcast SportsHD,HDNet,HDNetmovies,UHD,TNTHD,FOXHD,ABCHD,ESPNHD and DiscoveryHD. I didn't know they offered any HD untill today and the price is right with STB. My friend has a smart card or cablecard built in his TV and that is how he is receiving all of the HD channels. But i think he doesn't know that he will have to pay for this programming. Thanks you opened my eyes.

Glad i could help, i was sure of that only because i am inthe same boat with comcast, im in s jersey and the same rules apply to all of the phila area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts