Grief Process--Numbness, Denial, Anger and Sadness. . . VOOM is dead

bookwalk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
I am trying to wean myself off VOOM--as a new subscriber, it's very difficult because I was trying out various channels, etc and with this news last week, I think I went into denial, numbness, but now, it is starting to "hurt" and I am very angry.

It got even worse when I called the other 2 satellite providers -- Direct and Dish -- and the contrast WAS STRIKING! CSR's act like they are doing me a favor by just answering the phone.

Here's what I heard from either/both:

"No, we don't provide any of your local channels in HD--you have to have an OTA for that."

"You get to own your equipment for HD--you can buy it anywhere--Circuit City, etc--no compensation if it becomes obsolete, etc"

"No, we don't provide the HD package separately--you have to subscribe to one of the basic packages" :mad:

"IT will cost you $10 or $11 extra a month for these 5 HD channels: ESPN HD, Disc HD, HD Net, HD Net Movies, Universal or TNT HD and Pay per View"

"You have to sign up for a year at least"

Here's my Anger BUtton:

I DO NOT EVER WANT ANY OF THESE OTHER TWO SERVICES, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER.

I DON'T KNOW IF I WOULD EVEN SUBSCRIBE IF THEY ADDED THE VOOM 21.

I DON'T LIKE THE CHANNEL LINEUP FOR EITHER ONE OF THEM. DIRECT COMES CLOSEST TO WHAT I LIKE FOR SD, BUT AM NOT PAYING FOR THE HD RECEIVER!

I AM NOT HAPPY. I PURCHASED VOOM, NOT JUST FOR THE HD, BUT FOR THE CONTENT AND THE SD CONTENT. I LIKED THE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

I AM NOT GOING TO PUT UP WITH A PEUGOT WHEN I CAN HAVE A ROLLS ROYCE.

MY HD WILL NOW MY IMMEDIATE WORLD OUTSIDE--MY OWN GREEN GRASS AND TREES--AND MY DVD'S.

I WISH NOTHING BY FAILURE TO DISH AND DIRECT -- I CAN FIND NO REDEEMING VALUE IN WHAT THEY STAND FOR.

I don't know if I feel any better, but at least the grief process is starting to boil over and perhaps stabilize at a constant "Super Volcanoe" temperature--I am Yellowstone--I have vented, but now, I will probably blow my huge caldera top--probably about Apr 30.

LMAO
i agree did you see how many international channels and chatholic and shopping channels dishnet has. i bet if they drop them they can add voom 21. the only problem i hate talking to people from India about my bill and about hd. like they know what it is.

I do not have D* or E*, but I find this post a little on the un-fair side, we all know that no one else offers as much HD, you can't change it right now.

bookwalk said:
I am trying to wean myself off VOOM--as a new subscriber, it's very difficult because I was trying out various channels, etc and with this news last week, I think I went into denial, numbness, but now, it is starting to "hurt" and I am very angry.

It got even worse when I called the other 2 satellite providers -- Direct and Dish -- and the contrast WAS STRIKING! CSR's act like they are doing me a favor by just answering the phone.

Here's what I heard from either/both:

"No, we don't provide any of your local channels in HD--you have to have an OTA for that." OK, this is un-fair to both based on the fact that Voom did not either, it is all OTA from all three.

"You get to own your equipment for HD--you can buy it anywhere--Circuit City, etc--no compensation if it becomes obsolete, etc" And Voom has the same problem for the customers that bought their STBs, and E* does lease their 811 HD STB unit, D* does not lease

"No, we don't provide the HD package separately--you have to subscribe to one of the basic packages" :mad:
Again, Voom did not offer their HD channels alone, you had to get a package, and E* does if you own your STB, or after your first year

"IT will cost you $10 or $11 extra a month for these 5 HD channels: ESPN HD, Disc HD, HD Net, HD Net Movies, Universal or TNT HD and Pay per View"

Based on a recent story-HD Net costs $1.10 per sub for 2 channels, Universal-.40 cents per sub, and when is ESPN ever cheap per sub

"You have to sign up for a year at least"
And with Voom it was six months, a little better.

If you don't want DBS, check out your cable company, do it soon, maybe it has one of those DBS buyback.

The convo I had today with a timewarner rep regarding cable cards was a joke. This is really depressing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts