1:20Am 2/01/2005 Voom is Dead? No.

How about? Starz-HD, TMC-HD, Encore-HD, Cinemax-HD... Why is it that E* or D* do not provide this in their packages but feel compelled to charge for the entire package even though these channels have been in the HD market for more than year already. These are national HD channels that should be added to their respective channel line up but no efforts have been made by E* or D*. This is why I cancelled all my premium subscriptions with E* and gave it to V* instead. If E* wants me back to pay them for movie channels subscription they'd better be more proactive in giving me the full package of movie channels. As my preference shows, I don't care about local channels in NY. I already get them without a problem with an OTA antenna or with Cable.

justalurker said:
But once D* and E* get the signals up, the quality will be better than most OTA can hope to be.JL

Joking :confused: ? Both services currently compress the heck out of SD OTA, and the PQ is substantially worse than OTA. I imagine with HD OTA the difference will be even more noticeable (HD OTA is stunning).

Rob.

Not only that. What D* is currently doing to HDnet movies and showtime is very sad. I will not subscribe to them just for that. I will not pay them to give me less than DVD quality on two channels that are not up to standards with E* or V*. The thinking was that it was only temporary until Sunday Ticket season ended. Well it ended and the two channels are still the same way.

rvsixer said:
Joking :confused: ? Both services currently compress the heck out of SD OTA, and the PQ is substantially worse than OTA. I imagine with HD OTA the difference will be even more noticeable (HD OTA is stunning).

Rob.

I agree with you. OTA HD is good. The signal received has the station is transmitting, no compression.

Sean Mota said:
Not only that. What D* is currently doing to HDnet movies and showtime is very sad. I will not subscribe to them just for that. I will not pay them to give me less than DVD quality on two channels that are not up to standards with E* or V*.
Sean, I guess now it is 3 HDLite channels. DiscoveryHDT is now being downrezzed by D*:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=504449

ram1220 said:
Why don't you reread my post. I said I canceled the disconnect and settled the account. And over a month later they then turn me off. I'm tired of people like you.

Sounds like the "Soup Nazi" episode from Seinfeld. You may not have known it but you stepped out of line ram1220...NO VOOM HD FOR YOU!!! OUT OF THE STORE!!! Too bad. :mad: So sad. :no

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)