Voom dish for dish network?

stevemcb

Original poster
Jul 11, 2004
Can we use our voom dish to recieve dish network with a dish reciever/ How about HD on dish with the old voom dish?

Yes, but not efficiently.

If you're becoming a new Dish sub, don't worry about it and you'll just get hooked up with a standard install.

BFG, why not 'efficiently'?

I'm not trying to be a smartass... I just want to know you say that (as I've previously heard the opposite).

I already have dish at my second home and just wanted to know if I could hook that reciever up to my voom dish at this location?

The reason why it's not efficient is because the voom dish can only look at a single oribital.

Also the LNB on the Voom dish is not compatible with the Dish Pro lnbs and switches that are pretty standard these days.

So that means you'd either have to replace your dish pro equipment down to legacy equipment. or replace the voom lnb with a dish pro lnb, but then a dish pro lnb wont fit on a voom dish.

Hmmm... that's really weird.

I happen to have an extra E* dish laying around (was ready to install it as a second dish so that I could get 61.5' signal in addition to 110 & 119) before I decided to sign with Voom a few months ago. Also, I have both a single legacy LNB and a quad Dish Pro LNB (plus its Y adapter) and they both fit fine on Voom's 24" dish LNB base (which is 2"x1", exactly as E* one).

well the adapters fit on the arm.

but isnt the voom lnb rectange and the dish lnbs flat on one side and rounded on the other

BFG said:
well the adapters fit on the arm.

but isnt the voom lnb rectange and the dish lnbs flat on one side and rounded on the other

Yeah, but the Y adapter takes care of that :).

Something similar has also been menitioned on the Dish forum.

The voom lnb is pretty much equivalent to dish's legacy lnb. Now with this mentioned if you have a dish 500 regardless if they are dp or legacy lnbs you'll use a sw64 switch to bring in either the 61.5 or the 148.

If you have dp lnbs on your dish 500 and wish to use a dp34 switch instead of a sw64 then you'll need to replace the lnb on your voom dish with a dp lnb.

The only way to do that is put the Y-adapter on.

danielle_s said:
Something similar has also been menitioned on the Dish forum.

The voom lnb is pretty much equivalent to dish's legacy lnb. Now with this mentioned if you have a dish 500 regardless if they are dp or legacy lnbs you'll use a sw64 switch to bring in either the 61.5 or the 148.

If you have dp lnbs on your dish 500 and wish to use a dp34 switch instead of a sw64 then you'll need to replace the lnb on your voom dish with a dp lnb.

The only way to do that is put the Y-adapter on.

What I really want to do is replace my current primary E* dish with Voom's one (of course, as soon as Voom is gone, not one minute before... and why? to improve signal quality - 18" vs 24") and then move that E* to 61.5/148.

As I mentioned before, I have a couple of E* LNBs laying around (a single legacy and a quad dishpro) plus at least one Y-adapter, so that won't be a problem. I also have a DP34 switch to combine all the satellite signal's into a single feed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)