[VOOM/DISH/OTA] VOOM equipment is yours to keep

B

bgrodie

Thread Starter
Guest
While I have not had a first hand conversation with VOOM, two of my
fellow members of the 4DTV ( C band) forum have had conversations with
VOOM CSR's today at 800-GET-VOOM and the CSR's said that the VOOM
equipment was not going to be retrieved or picked up and was theirs to
keep for OTA use. If they didn't need it anymore they were asked to
dispose of it in an environmetally safe manner. What do you think of
that? My suggestion would be to confirm this first hand for yourself
but I now have 3 pretty good OTA receivers to keep, but I still don't
know if the OTA tuner will stop working at some point. I unplugged
one and took it to my daughter's house so they could enjoy OTA and
lost the clock but otherwise it still works fine.






------------------------
 
A

Andy

Thread Starter
Guest
[VOOM/DISH/OTA] Re: VOOM equipment is yours to keep

Still working for me. Has anyone received a bill from Voom yet for
April?

--- In VOOM@yahoogroups.com, "bgrodie" <bruceg@h...> wrote:
> While I have not had a first hand conversation with VOOM, two of my
> fellow members of the 4DTV ( C band) forum have had conversations

with
> VOOM CSR's today at 800-GET-VOOM and the CSR's said that the VOOM
> equipment was not going to be retrieved or picked up and was theirs

to
> keep for OTA use. If they didn't need it anymore they were asked to
> dispose of it in an environmetally safe manner. What do you think

of
> that? My suggestion would be to confirm this first hand for

yourself
> but I now have 3 pretty good OTA receivers to keep, but I still

don't
> know if the OTA tuner will stop working at some point. I unplugged
> one and took it to my daughter's house so they could enjoy OTA and
> lost the clock but otherwise it still works fine.







------------------------
 
S

Susan Hennessy

Thread Starter
Guest
Re: [VOOM/DISH/OTA] Re: VOOM equipment is yours to keep

I got mine earlier in April to cover through 4/30. No other charges on it.

On 5/12/05, Andy <andy.lewis@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Still working for me. Has anyone received a bill from Voom yet for
> April?
>
>
> --- In VOOM@yahoogroups.com, "bgrodie" <bruceg@h...> wrote:
> > While I have not had a first hand conversation with VOOM, two of my
> > fellow members of the 4DTV ( C band) forum have had conversations

> with
> > VOOM CSR's today at 800-GET-VOOM and the CSR's said that the VOOM
> > equipment was not going to be retrieved or picked up and was theirs

> to
> > keep for OTA use. If they didn't need it anymore they were asked to
> > dispose of it in an environmetally safe manner. What do you think

> of
> > that? My suggestion would be to confirm this first hand for

> yourself
> > but I now have 3 pretty good OTA receivers to keep, but I still

> don't
> > know if the OTA tuner will stop working at some point. I unplugged
> > one and took it to my daughter's house so they could enjoy OTA and
> > lost the clock but otherwise it still works fine.

>
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
> To visit your group on the web, go to:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VOOM/
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> VOOM-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.





------------------------
 

jimmykce1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 5, 2004
801
0
I was paid up through April 25, 2005. I haven't heard anything from VoOm about billing or their leased equipment yet.
 
T

thegrod

Thread Starter
Guest
Re: [VOOM/DISH/OTA] Re: VOOM equipment is yours to keep

Susan,
I have since called VOOM and they did confirm that the OTA will work "for
some period of time" but they couldn't guarantee an indefinite time because
it has to do with the software, etc. They do not intend to retrieve ANY
equipment either. So your OTA antenna, preamps, rotors, etc. are ours to
keep. Pretty decent deal. Final statements are still coming. I actually
have a $13 credit balance so "at some point" I will get a check.
Thegrod

----- Original Message -----
From: "Susan Hennessy" <sbhnet@gmail.com>
To: <VOOM@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2005 8:59 AM
Subject: Re: [VOOM/DISH/OTA] Re: VOOM equipment is yours to keep


>I got mine earlier in April to cover through 4/30. No other charges on it.
>
> On 5/12/05, Andy <andy.lewis@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> Still working for me. Has anyone received a bill from Voom yet for
>> April?
>>
>>
>> --- In VOOM@yahoogroups.com, "bgrodie" <bruceg@h...> wrote:
>> > While I have not had a first hand conversation with VOOM, two of my
>> > fellow members of the 4DTV ( C band) forum have had conversations

>> with
>> > VOOM CSR's today at 800-GET-VOOM and the CSR's said that the VOOM
>> > equipment was not going to be retrieved or picked up and was theirs

>> to
>> > keep for OTA use. If they didn't need it anymore they were asked to
>> > dispose of it in an environmetally safe manner. What do you think

>> of
>> > that? My suggestion would be to confirm this first hand for

>> yourself
>> > but I now have 3 pretty good OTA receivers to keep, but I still

>> don't
>> > know if the OTA tuner will stop working at some point. I unplugged
>> > one and took it to my daughter's house so they could enjoy OTA and
>> > lost the clock but otherwise it still works fine.

>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> ________________________________
>> Yahoo! Groups Links
>>
>> To visit your group on the web, go to:
>> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VOOM/
>>
>> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>> VOOM-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>>
>> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

>
>
>
>
>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>
>






------------------------
 
G

Guest

Thread Starter
Guest
Re: [VOOM/DISH/OTA] Re: VOOM equipment is yours to keep

> No and it is still working for me.

Matthew
> From: "Andy" <andy.lewis@sbcglobal.net>
> Date: 2005/05/12 Thu AM 11:17:32 EDT
> To: VOOM@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [VOOM/DISH/OTA] Re: VOOM equipment is yours to keep
>
>



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]





------------------------
 

Similar threads

B
Replies
7
Views
1K
Sean Mota
S
R
Replies
5
Views
823
nlk11021
N
J
Replies
0
Views
771
jyoo_us
J
D
Replies
0
Views
846
David Landsman
D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Top