VOOM Factory Reset

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jhcopenhaver

Original poster
Mar 29, 2006
:( I just purchased a VOOM (Motorola 550) reciever so I could watch some off air HD transmissions. There were a lot of settings I could not clear, so I used the factory reset. Now, it won't let me have access to my off air channels because it says I am not authorized. Since VOOM is out of business, that will be extremely difficult!

Did I just create an expensive door stop or is there some way I can work around this?

Thanks!

Factory Reset not good......

A factory reset or authorization reset which both can be accessed through the secret setup menu will render your Voom receiver useless. The authorization reset removes the activation key from the receiver and deactivates it. The factory reset does the same as the authorization as well as resetting everything in the software to default factory settings. The only acceptable resets are the soft reset ,which is done by pressing the power button in until the receiver shuts off the lights start scrolling on the right front panel of the receiver, and the hard reset which reboot which reboots the hardware and software of the receiver. So, if you did indeed do a factory reset, then you have an expensive piece of scrap metal, plastic, and circuit boards.

Sorry to hear that, jhcopenhaver! I wish you checked this forum before doing the FR... :(

Thats really too bad, you'd figure that some way of flashing the unit would exist to reactivate it for OTA use, considering what the receivers were worth. =/

jrj said:
Thats really too bad, you'd figure that some way of flashing the unit would exist to reactivate it for OTA use, considering what the receivers were worth. =/
Welcome to the forum, jrj!
The DSR-550 was never intended as a standalone OTA receiver. It was a satellite receiver (with added OTA capability), and as such required authorization.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)