VOOM fails to issue refund HELP PLEASE!

markrubin

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2004
I am posting here in hopes a VOOM rep will come to my assistance

I am an early VOOM adopter, have the premium package, and love VOOM

My problem is NO refund since I switched to the rental plan in April: VOOM owes me $800.00 and CSR says they will escalate and I will get a call back in 24 hours: never a call back

There is a thread running on AVS with a number of people in the same situation

VOOM: won't you step up and correct this situation?

Thanks

I do hope that VOOM steps up to the plate and does the right thing here.

I have seen the thread at AVS and VOOM really does not need that kind of black eye, especially when people at AVS is the crowd VOOM is trying to attract for customers.

Holy Cow!

got an immediate response from Wilt that he is working on it

this is a great forum! Thanks

Mark :)

I am also in the same situation.

I paid $800 for the box as a charter member. In late April, I converted to a lease program. I have been getting charged for the lease, in an unauthorized fashion as well. I have never received the $800 after 4 phone calls, discussions with two supervisors, who have all indicated that there is no record of previous promises of escallation, etc. Even when you ask them to make a note in the file specifically, then call back, there is no record of it.

Voom continues to charge my credit card, where I have told them that this practice is unathorized. I have informed American Express, and they say if VOOM does it a second time, they will be able to block it from that point forward. These unauthorized credit card charges are also now placed under dispute at AMEX. VOOM says its their policy. When I signed up as a Charter Member, there was no policy. When I converted to a lease, these charges started happening without my approval. I will be happy to pay charges sent to my home for the correct amounts. I am not happy to pay for rental charges considering I still own the box, and have not received the refund.

VOOM please email me to this account and resolve this problem, if your company has any integrity whatsoever.

markrubin said:
Holy Cow!

got an immediate response from Wilt that he is working on it

this is a great forum! Thanks

Mark :)
Mark, welcome to SatelliteGuys!
You were among those who helped me and many other early adopters (back in November) get up and running with VOOM by offering your help and advice and even by faxing the detailed installation instructions, remember? ;)
That was gold in those days when installers were doing their first VOOM installations ever. Thank you very much! My own efforts in this and other forums are an attempt to return the favor by helping others...

Glad to see you in this forum!

GOT MY REFUND :)

Thanks to everyone on this great Forum and special Thanks to Wilt: my VOOM purchase credit just appeared on my Amex statement

btw: I especially like the "Hot Topics" section of this forum: we are setting up a similar section on the AVS Plasma Forum and we are using yours as a guide (hope you don't mind!)

Thanks again: makes me :)

Thanks MarkRubin for your post here.
After 14 weeks and two calls, one June 8th and one yesterday, I am still waitng for my refund. I emailed Wilt as well and will let everyone know what happens. I am sure glad we have Wilt around to help out. I think that customer service could sure use some training from him..

Regards..
Rick

markrubin said:
GOT MY REFUND :)

Thanks to everyone on this great Forum and special Thanks to Wilt: my VOOM purchase credit just appeared on my Amex statement

btw: I especially like the "Hot Topics" section of this forum: we are setting up a similar section on the AVS Plasma Forum and we are using yours as a guide (hope you don't mind!)

Thanks again: makes me :)

Mark,

glad everything worked out for you. I do not have enough words to describe what Wilt means for VOOM. He has been outstanding. Mark no problem at all about the "Hot Topics". I visit AVSforum a lot and have learned a lot from you guys as well. I owed AVSforum the purchasing of my HDTVs and all the insight into HDTV and HDTV reception. Great information repository!!

Got My Refund Within Two Hours!!

I got an email from Wilt and a service rep that my credit card was credited today. This all happened two hours after emailing Wilt..
Now if all their customer service reps were like that they would have the best track record around!!

A Voom customer for life.. :)
Rick

RickCathey said:
I got an email from Wilt and a service rep that my credit card was credited today. This all happened two hours after emailing Wilt..
Now if all their customer service reps were like that they would have the best track record around!!

A Voom customer for life.. :)
Rick
I seriously doubt that Voom could afford to pay all of their CS reps Wilt's salary. :)

Kind of curious how nothing happens in the way of keeping promises made by Voom unless Wilt gets involved. What about the Voom customers who do not belong to this forum? Left holding an empty bag full of empty promises? Hell of a way to build a positive business image! I like Voom and really can accept most of their short comings but the continual reluctance to part with money promised to customers smells like a hemorrhaging business with no more blood to give.

Indy said:
What about the Voom customers who do not belong to this forum?
Perhaps they don't belong to this forum because they don't have problems with their refunds. If they did, they would've been looking for a forum like this one... ;)

Add another hugely irritated customer to the mix. Voom charged me for the box which I never agreed to purchase, plus they managed to throw in the leasing fee on the bill for good measure. Those two should be mutually exclusive, but whatever. 6 phone calls later, and not a one returned back to me I am still waiting on my refund. It is over 2 months now, and I was just informed today that Voom will not be reimbursing any interest charges for over two months worth of bogus charges on my account :mad:
So first they never call me back, it continues to get "escalated" (that must be the new buzz word at Voom) and they don't feel the need to compensate for their $540 dollar mistake.
Their pathetic sense of customer service has made me stop recommending Voom to family and friends. It has nothing to do with the service itself, but simply being treated fairly and with respect. I would make a switch, but I cannot fathom going through this with another provider. I may be moving soon and do not want to get everything lined up only to move out shortly after another set up.

Got My Refund Too!

Sean Mota said:
Ti-maniac,

did you informed Wilt about this? (I sound like a broken record) but please send Wilt an email. "Wilt Hildenbrand" wilth@optonline.net.

Sean,
Thanks Sean, Mark, and most certainly Wilt!!!!
Emailing Wilt worked, and I received a credit for $801 on my credit card after Wilt emailed back only a couple of days ago with a "We'll look into it." Well I guess he did, and I finally, (after 10 weeks) got the refund.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)