Voom Family Room

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ctjr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 13, 2006
Does this channel even have more than 6 or 7 programs?

I knew that the VOOM stuff was very niche oriented when I switched to Dish, but with 2 small kids, I thought this would be a GREAT niche for us. Looks like I was wrong. After about a month and a half, it looks like they have: UFO (which I love seeing again), Thunderbirds, 2 or 3 sitcoms(?) that are NOT kid friendly at all and the Annie movie. That appears to be it.

Do they ever change? Mix it up? Anything? Seems like a real missed opportunity.

As long as I've had the Voom channels (over a year) it seems like they only have a few shows on the Family Room channel. The others seem to do a pretty good job of getting new material but this one has the same stuff over and over.

VOOM has markedly deteriorated since it was its own service BEFORE going to DISH. There were many, many more channels and the Family Room had MORE variety. Also there were other family-oriented movie channels than just the Kung Fu, Film Fest and World. There was Ha, Ha (comedy), Gunslinger (western), Divine, Majestic (and some others)--but MUCH more variety in movies that were family-oriented.

I don't know what happened to the VOOM content when DISH took it over--the VOOM PQ is worse because of the HD Lite issue.

And Voom was heading into bankruptcy. They weren't able to survive. In their current form, they may survive and live on to improve as time passes.

And Voom was heading into bankruptcy. They weren't able to survive. In their current form, they may survive and live on to improve as time passes.

Maybe they will but from a film standpoint, in my opinion, they are getting worse each month. Seldom does FilmFest have good films and World has gone almost totally to foreign films. For a while after adding the other 5 they had some good content from Guy, Gunslinger and Majestic but nothing but obscure films now. Maybe they are selling off the HD movie inventory they had to keep afloat? :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)