VOOM HD Picture Cropping

RAJH

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 6, 2003
I was a charter VOOM member that switched to Comcast when VOOM went under. I am now considering switching to E*. From what I recall most VOOM HD movies were cropped instead of being shown in their native format. Is this practice still the norm?

Be aware, if you use the HDNET test pattern to adjust your overscan, it will be fine for all HD channels except for VOOM... some of their movie channels have black bars all over the place (too high or too low, they can't seem to center properly!) I don't know what they are doing there but it's not right and kind of annoying! But I'm glad to have as many HD choices as I do regardless of their lack of knowledge of centering!

Thanks for the reply!

Good news on the OAR issue. I usually turn off a movie as soon as I realize it is cropped. I would rather watched a non-HD OAR version of a movie than a cropped version.

abricko said:
Be aware, if you use the HDNET test pattern to adjust your overscan, it will be fine for all HD channels except for VOOM... some of their movie channels have black bars all over the place (too high or too low, they can't seem to center properly!) I don't know what they are doing there but it's not right and kind of annoying! But I'm glad to have as many HD choices as I do regardless of their lack of knowledge of centering!

What time and what day does HDNet broadcast the test pattern?

abricko said:

The Voom channels are all over the place as far as centering/alignment. Have not noticed the problem with any other HD channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)