Voom Info (please help)

F. Chelski

Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
Hey folks,

I am a former voom subscriber and enjoyed their service until they stopped it last year. I then switched to dish only because of the voom channels and now I've had enough of their bs. I really want to switch to another service, but I would like to continue to get the voom channels. So my question is....

Do I have a choice when it comes to getting voom channels or is dish the only provider? Please help.

Also, is there another service that you know of which provides a larger number of HD channels than dish?

Thank you all in advance for your input.

jerryez said:
Voom is avaible to Directv or any cable company interested. Dish does not control Voom.
That is not what I meant. Directv is waiting for Spaceway 2 to be turned over to them. They will have more capacity than DISH for HDTV but they can't use it yet. This fall could prove interesting but it isn't there yet.

Until DirecTv changes their policy on the 1080i channel being downresized, it does not matter how much bandwith they will have if you are going to get enhanced TV on your 1080i hd channels with low bitrates. I will suggest you to think very hard and do your homework before going to DirecTv because they have more bandwith after spaceway 2 is turned on. More bandwith does not mean anything until they start delivering full resolution and higher bitrates to the 1080i hd channels.

Actually, Spaceway 2 doesn't have any conus beams. I don't think it has much effect on National capacity (it's got a huge number of spot beams).

DirecTV needs Spadeway 3 & 4 to get them more national. It's gonna be awhile.

boba said:
That is not what I meant. Directv is waiting for Spaceway 2 to be turned over to them. They will have more capacity than DISH for HDTV but they can't use it yet. This fall could prove interesting but it isn't there yet.

Spaceway 2 will have about as much affect on additional national HD for D* as me paying a $1 to lower the national debt. Its going to be all spot beamed HD LiL.

David_Levin said:
DirecTV needs Spadeway 3 & 4 to get them more national. It's gonna be awhile.

3 exists, 4 doesnt exist and unless they just ordered it, it probably will never exist. The 3 spaceway birds were supposed to be a Ka band internet service. From the press release from Sea Launch, Spaceway 3 is still destined to be a broadband delivery service, so doesnt look like any more HD channels there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts