Voom-Manteca,CA (Central California)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

LuRcH1080i

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 31, 2004
Manteca,CA
First time Satellite user.

Just had Voom installed yesterday by Dish Connect, they did a great job no hassles and friendly. He knew what he was doing and had me up and running in several hours.

I was already prepared for them by running my own RG6 Coax cable to each room (1 cable per location except HDTV in main room 2 cables) from the attic. He said I didn't need 2 cables for my main TV. He said the diplexers would be fine.

When he walked in I had asked about OTA, he said no problems in my area, I was shocked. After talking with him I found out that the Antenna is located in Elk Grove,CA around 35-40miles away :D .

So I let him unpack my 3 NEW Voom STB in their own respectable boxes with all cables included. He said these had the latest Software in them. When I looked it was the 00.05.68 which is current.

It was time to hook everything up, he crawled into the attic and there he connected all the necessary cable that I had ran. After looking at this conglomeration I noticed he had installed a 3x4 Multi-switch (no charge), he went over a few things about it recommending I take a picture of all these connections so if I were to take it apart I would know (where the f*** it all goes). After that he installed the dish and a Winegard Sensar (not sure what model) on my chimney. I was getting excited and by this time I was ready to see the new picture. When we turned everything on it came up great looking. Even the regular SD looks awsome on my older TVs, better then my old provider (Comcast). All TVs were up and running good, went through several channels showing me how they look. He said the Programming Menu would not be up for several hours. We went through my locals and they looked to be all there, I was really happy about that. I don't think he went back up there once to make an adjustment. We jumped through some others and they looked very good. I asked all the questions I could think of and they were answered, but with everything going fine I really didn't have many.

I waited for a day to write so I could see if everything is working giving it time to clean up. From what I have read in these forums I was ready for a rough ride, however that was not the case. Now it is a day later and not all channels have come up but most are, the programming menu is working. Some of the issues I am experiencing are changing channels and they are just black or pixeled then the display says try again later, I hope these are corrected in the next few days as they are the kids channels up in the 600+ range. Thats all I have for a complaint now, I'll give it a little longer and see if they iron out.

Overall install:

1 Voom 18" Dish
1 Winegard Sensar (don't know model) Will look later
1 3x4 Multi-Switch
3 VOOM STB's w/diplexers
2 bedrooms - standard TV's
1 living room - Mitsubishi 55" w/component

All extra wires etc. left on site.

Great Job!! Dish Connect

Update: 8/03/04 Its been almost a month since I have had it installed and everything is great, I had one more tech visit for the black screen problem (sat can't find signal, try again later) and it was resolved because of a shorted coax cable.

Everything working great, even with New 6.10 Upgrade installed.

Thanks,
Voom

he just posted to rub it in....after my install woes
j/p we work together
dont forget youll still be at my house to watch fox bay area for the sharks games :p

LuRcH1080i said:
...Now it is a day later and not all channels have come up but most are, the programming menu is working...
Do you mean the info for them or the programming itself? If the programming itself you may want to call Voom and ask them to "hit" your boxes.

LuRcH1080i said:
...Some of the issues I am experiencing are changing channels and they are just black or pixeled then the display says try again later, I hope these are corrected in the next few days as they are the kids channels up in the 600+ range...
Does this correct itself if you channel up/down and then come back to it? Have you tried unplugging the STB for ten seconds and plugging it back in? If that doesn't help call Voom and ask to be "hit".

Wasch, thanks for the advice however tried unplugging STB and waiting still nothing. Channels still receive black screen with "try again later" message.

What I meant by Programming Menu is the one that tells you what you are watching.

Called Voom and they hit all the boxes, nothing changed, made appointment for Monday, we'll see what happens then.

Hey Lurch, I am also in Manteca. I have had Voom since Feb 2nd (yes the day after the Superbowl) My voom has been awesome, I removed the stealth antenna and put up a 14 ft Radioshack channel master clone that was given to me free and I pick up all Sac locals except 31. Although channel 6 didn't come in last night. My install was also done well.

Welcome to the voom club

VewDew,

Have you had any problems with your VOOM channels? I mean my OTA are awsome and working fine, I get NBC,ABC,WB,FOX and CBS in HD.

Its my regular VOOM package channels I am having a problem with. If I can get that fixed I'd be all set.

We'll see what they can do on Monday.

The only channels I am having trouble with are the 3 pbs, 6.1,6.2,6.3. Channel 31 just was mapped but their transmitter is not strong enough to get all the way to us. I am one of the lucky ones that has never really had any issues with the voom channels, I have only had 3 lockups since Feb. (I have more than that on my new 6th gen DTV box) Make sure you have the newest version of the software available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts