VOOM New Policy - No monthly charges 'till 2/29/04 (and maybe 'till 3/31/04?)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

neo0285

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2004
no charges till 3/31/04

According to the voom website, no monthly charges till 3/31/04.VOOM is doing the right thing by us. If they could only fix the $399 deal for equipment some of us were not able to get

Which is good but it means we won't see the 39 channels untill 2/29 as long as they keep pushing it back..We must understand we are BETA testers!

You should have called and asked before posting. I did and I found out that that offer is only good for NEW purchases, not us early adopters. We still have to start paying 2/29.

I agree we are beta tester but I think they have done the right thing here. I am willing to wait 'til the free period ends and hopefully, the $399 deal policy will be resolved for us early adopters, the 39 channels will be put in place, and STB bugs will be fixed. I know that we all paid $800 for the price of admission and some of us might not be happy about this but we need to be patient and allow VOOM to work out all the details. So far VOOM has done the right thing. I am willing to wait and I am sure that those that drop the system are thinking about it now. Yes, we need more HD programming and I believe and I know you all believe as well that it will be in placed before VOOM is ready to go. As it stands right now that date is 2/29/04.

I heard but it's not confirmed that the new date is for new customers only. Next month the date will change to 4/30 and so on.

Ok. I'll put a question mark to the thread until it is confirmed. I will not trust a CSR statement as it seems to change from person to person. Let's see.

Sean Mota said:
I agree we are beta tester but I think they have done the right thing here. I am willing to wait 'til the free period ends and hopefully, the $399 deal policy will be resolved for us early adopters, the 39 channels will be put in place, and STB bugs will be fixed. I know that we all paid $800 for the price of admission and some of us might not be happy about this but we need to be patient and allow VOOM to work out all the details. So far VOOM has done the right thing. I am willing to wait and I am sure that those that drop the system are thinking about it now. Yes, we need more HD programming and I believe and I know you all believe as well that it will be in placed before VOOM is ready to go. As it stands right now that date is 2/29/04.
Sean I have to agree with you on this. Anything that starts out on the ground level is going to take some time to work out all the bugs. I think I'll stick around for a while.

I totally disagree I for one will cancel this week if new channels do not appear as stated earlier, even if they do I will still cancel this month. Each week things keep getting worse not better. If you're going to live on promises then its better to live on promises of D, which may have less HD but content is better as well as the equipment. Just my opinion, but I'm not the only one who feels this way.

What? We, who jumped on their boat first, not only pay the high price $800 but also get short shrift on the "free period?" That would be horrible and really cause a bad PR "blast" out there.
No ... surely they are going to do things evenly and more fair than that. I'm staying with the service ... unless they really do pull the rug out on those who first chose them.

Another admission price to pay if you want to see the rest of the channels. Get ready to pay for the Month of February. There's a possibility that it will happen. I have looked at the plus packs and if I have to pay for february I will only pay $39.90 as the only Pluspack that I will keep will be Starz. The others I already get through Dish. So start thinking about this because it may become a reality. Here's the pricing:

(a) 21 Exclusive channels + SD channels (Except FoxWorldSport and Tennis Channel) + Any of the Pluspacks = $39.90

(b) each additional plus packs is $14.90.

(c) Everything $99.99

Showtime Pluspack:

1 - Show-HD (East and West)
2 - The Movie Channel HD
3 - Sho Too
4 - Sho Next
5 - Sho Extreme
6 - Sho Family Zone
7 - The Movie Channel

Starz Pluspack

1 - Starz-HD (East and West)
2 - Starz Family
3 - Encore
4 - Love Stories
5 - Mystery

HD Sports Pack ----> Not defined at all since these two channels are not HD at all.

1 - FoxWorldSport channel
2 - The Tennis Channel

HD Marquee

1 - Discovery HD theater

I thought we wouldn't may in Feb (or Mar) unless in adavance of the next billing cycle based on extended freeview. The only question for me is if TMC-HD is enough to also get the Sho plus pack (same Cinemax-HD conundrum ewhen that goes hot, but more variety on Cinemax including Classics).

Don't we get one plus pack included?

Tim

Tim,

The free money guaranteed on the hardware was extended through 3/1/04 but the free programming ends tonight at 12am. That is through 2/1/04. Wilt does not know what will be the policy on this. He said just wait until Monday. At this point, I have to start making plans on what I need the most from VOOM. Of all the pluspacks, the only one I will consider will be starz. Not because it is that great but because it has movies that Showtime will not have. TMC-HD, in my case, I can live without. Their lineup of HD movies is not very convincing. Yes, you get one free pluspack + 21 Exclusive + SD channels.

The real question will be when is VOOM going to contact us to decide which plus pack we will get?

Maybe there is no reason to be alarmed at this point since we haven't heard anything yet one way or the other but it may become a reality to have to pay for February programming.

I went direct to my Voom page at www.voom.com, I have free programming thru february, here is a cut and paste

VOOM Equipment for HDTV
Services included:
VOOM HDTV Exclusives
(a $39.90/month value)
Limited Time Offer-FREE until February 29, 2004!

VOOM PlusPacks
(a $14.90/month value each)
Limited Time Offer-all FREE until February 29, 2004!

(This is listed under My Account/My Packages)

I got the same until end of Feb on account. Will probably follow Sean's lead after that, but hoping I'll be paying for Max-HD too (isn't that a typical consumer non-reation) :)

Sean Mota said:
Tim,

The free money guaranteed on the hardware was extended through 3/1/04 but the free programming ends tonight at 12am. That is through 2/1/04.
My VOOM paper bill I received in the mail this week says "No Charge through February 29, 2004"

Not to add even more to the rumor mill, I am just reporting what I was just told

I had a power outage last nite, and lost ,my OTA mapping, so I called Voom, they had me fixed up in just a second, but while I had them on the phone, I asked about HBO, and they said not till the end of February, I asked about software updates, and they said soon (I know we already know this stuff) anyway the guy said the good news is that we get free everything till the END of MARCH!!! I said that I heard that it was only for new subscribers, he said that it he confirmed it last nite with his boss, and that it was for EVERYONE!!!

Just got my VOOM bill and it states no charges through 2/29/04. I hope that the end of March comes through. This will give us another month of free programming and probably give us time to see all the HD channels that will be added later.

Cool this means I have more time to check it out before I return it for a refund. So far VOOM blows. They better improve the programming; thus far its a huge disappointment.

Kevin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)